ConocoPhillips is a leading oil and gas company, which is hiring Automation Developers for contract positions. The team member in this role is responsible for identifying opportunities and implementing automated process improvements that reduce meeting infrastructure and desktop support issues for Houston customers. Developing and implementing automation that increases meeting infrastructure and desktop hardware reliability is also expected of this team member. Experience with various scripting and automation tools including Power Automate, Powershell, Crestron Toolbox, etc. is expected. This team members will be expected to document processes and automation and effectively communicate with customers and team members. Reporting to the Supervisor of Houston Site Support, this position is within the Core Digital Technologies organization.Key Accountabilities
- Collaborate with IT operations and other IT support teams to ensure a positive overall user experience using conference room and meeting technology by providing direction and support, streamlining processes, and improving efficiencies
- Provide investigation and diagnosis of issues with implemented automation.
- End user training and solution documentation
- Manage day to day interaction with the customers, building relationships to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
- Display a high standard of personal integrity & professionalism
- Operate and manage in accordance with all company rules and policies
- Less than 5% overnight travel, mostly local driving
- Enforcement of policies and procedures
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
Preferred Skills And Experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in IT infrastructure
- 5+ years of audio-visual experience
- 5+ years of experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel)
- Ability to deal tactfully with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide a broad spectrum of products and services.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities in company requirements, product demands, and purchasing timelines through analytical capabilities.
ConocoPhillips contract opportunities are for project-based or other short-term engagements that require specialized skills. Successful candidates for contract opportunities will not be considered employees of ConocoPhillips or any of its subsidiaries nor will candidates be eligible for employment benefits. Candidates looking for regular full-time employment opportunities should begin their search here: https://careers.conocophillips.com/
- Bachelor’s degree Technical/Computer Science or a related field (and/or equivalent work experience) with a minimum of 2 plus years working as a lead audio visual technician
- Experience with and/or certifications in the following products: Crestron and Lenovo
- Ability to problem solve and manage responsibilities
- Strong understanding of commercial building construction and the NEC/MA Electrical code
- CAD, Wire CAD, Visio, Power Point experience preferred
- Crestron program experience
- Certification: Certified Technology Specialist
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills