Reporting to the Engineering Manager - Canada, the Mechanical Engineer
in Calgary, Alberta
is responsible for design, development, shop testing and field testing of new and existing Completions Tools technology.Essential Job Responsibilities
- Make decisions concerning the development and implementation of tools and technologies
- Perform sustaining engineering activities for continuous improvement of existing products
- Provide technical support to the operations, sales, marketing, and manufacturing groups.
- Research new and existing manufacturing methods and tool designs.
- Collaborate with others in a team environment.
- Travel to location and field bases as required.
- Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Other duties as required.
- Strive for continuous improvement.
- Engineering diploma or degree applying to mechanical design and/or the petroleum industry
- All valid field certificates required to work on job sites
- 4 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with mechanical design and product development
- Exposure to downhole tools and field operations in the oil and gas industry an asset
- Exposure to SolidWorks, Enterprise PDM, and TeamCenter is an asset.
- Comprehensive technical and practical knowledge of operations, products, company policies, and government regulations
- Downhole tool and hydraulics knowledge
- Understanding of basic machining and manufacturing processes and procedures
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Admirable interpersonal skills
- Sound analytical and interpretational skills
- Skilled in applying problem-solving techniques to complications that may arise
- Skilled in verbal and written communication
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, at a fast pace, and produce quality work
- Ability to be organized and follow a systematic method of performing a task
Preferred method of application and to view all opportunities visit:
- Office environment;
- Sitting, typing, walking, standing;
- HSE Orientation.
https://www.nov.com/CareersNOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind:
NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. NOV values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.With over 40 different locations in Canada, and 30, 000 people worldwide, NOV is proud to offer their employees competitive pay and excellent benefits, including a Flexible Spending Account, employer paid premiums, and employer contributions to our employee’s RRSP. We are also proud to provide on the job training, with potential for advancement within our organization, and an Educational Assistance Program.
NOV thanks all interested applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.