Total Number of Openings
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position through November 2nd, 2023,
at 11:59 p.m.
Chevron has an opening for a Process Safety/Tech Safety Engineer in the Facilities Engineering Team. This position works with Facilities Engineering and Production Teams to ensure inherently safe assets are designed, build and operated with the of meeting all our personal and process safety targets. The position will also be involved in the delivery of other aspects of our Operational Excellence activities. The position will report to the Facilities Engineering Manager and will be expected to complete the required certifications provided by Chevron.Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and Coordinate PHA Process for new and existing facilities/pipelines.
- Facilitate PHAs, using HAZOP/LOPA methodology
- Facilitate HAZID and Inherently Safer design reviews for conceptual studies
- Development and facilitation of remote workflow sessions
- Technical representation/SME/Core Team member attending PHAs
- Technical Safety representative in design reviews and verification of action items/recommendation closure
- Management of PHA System of Record - ARA
- Perform consequence models with Phast
- Complete safeguard verification tasks assigned to process safety
- Participate in CHAZOP
- Provide guidance on selection and location of fire and gas detection systems and other fire prevention principles/design
- Provide guidance on egress and evacuation layout and design
- Participate in lessons learned
- Development of Process Safety standards and procedures
- Participation in various Audits and Safeguard Verification
- Develop and provide Process Safety Training for all stakeholders in CBU.
- Technical Safety representation/SME for incident investigations
- Participate in Process Safety, Technical Safety, and Fire Protection networks and CoP
- A Bachelor´s degree in engineering – chemical or mechanical
- Registered as a professional Engineer in Alberta with APEGA
- Minimum of 5 years' experience practicing the job responsibilities listed above.
- Knowledgeable in the Management of Change (MOC) Processes
- Knowledgeable in root cause analysis
- Knowledgeable in BowTie analysis and software
- Knowledgeable in Phast Consequence Assessment Software
- Knowledgeable in fire protection (fire and gas, active fire protection, passive fire protection)
- Knowledgeable in ABC, AFC, applicable AER Directives, IEC 61511, CSA Z767, CSA Z662, API 754 and other applicable codes and standards.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.