Total Number of Openings
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Crude Trader
located in London, Greater London UK
through November 5th, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
The London Crude Supply and Trading office concentrates on providing flow assurance, optimization and trading of physical crude oil originating in or destined for Europe, FSU, Africa, and the Middle East capturing global commercial opportunities across the value chain.
We are currently seeking high-energy professionals who are results-focused with sound business acumen and problem-solving skills to join our dynamic organization as a Crude Trader. Ideal candidates should be natural team players, eager to learn and grow, and have an eye for innovation and continuous improvement. Chevron provides an outstanding culture, inclusive leadership, career opportunities and the tools for success – you bring the Human Energy™!Key Job Responsibilities:
- Generates and develops sound trading strategies that result in increased profitability for the book.
- Trades in physical commodities, spot and term, in pursuit of system optimization and flow assurance.
- Engage with industry experts and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
- Develops new trading markets and new business opportunities to increase existing deal flow.
- Negotiates spot & term contracts and ensuring each contract is performed in accordance with agreed terms.
- Provides visible leadership by working with team members in the development of regional and global trading strategies for short to long term time horizons.
- Clearly communicates strategy, transactions, position and operational requirements to team and supporting staff.
- Evaluates markets and market trends and shares point of view with other Kylysh traders as well as TCO marketing team.
- Exhibits and demonstrates strong operational excellence and discipline in managing trading positions.
- Executes complex spot and term agreements.
- Applies compromise / trade-offs to achieve terms of optimal value to TCO.
- Resolves commercial disputes through negotiating skills.
- Holds strong understanding of underlying markets.
- Shares best practices with team members on negotiating skills / techniques.
- Ensures all trading activities are conducted within appropriate delegations of authority and conform with all required compliance procedures.
- Is known in the industry as an expert in area of responsibility.
- 3+ years of trading experience in crude oil with specific focus on Far East markets an advantage.
- Excellent record - in previous and current roles - of being strongly driven towards future success.
- Demonstrated leadership, positive influence and teamwork behaviours.
- A self-starter with excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic high-pressure diverse team environment
- Demonstrated understanding and utilization of fundamental and technical market data to propose profitable trades and trading strategies and to manage company exposure.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in physical marketing, supply and/or trading, including inventory management, hedging, and position taking.
- Demonstrated understanding of regional and/or global markets, market exposure, risk management, basis risk, and arbitrage economics.
- Demonstrated experience with detailed commercial negotiations.
- Demonstrated experience in using analytical and problem-solving techniques.
- A flexible approach to working hours is vital to accommodate the significant variation in workloads associated with a busy trading operation.
- Periodic travel will be required.
- Degree Level (or equivalent) in one of the following fields is preferred: Chemical Engineering, Economics, Business
Relocation will not be
considered within Chevron parameters.International Considerations
Expatriate assignments will not be
considered.Workplace Inclusion & Diversity
Chevron seeks to attract and develop the brightest minds to support, advance and enable best practices, innovation and evolving the energy landscape.
- Chevron is striving to be an employer of choice and leader for an inclusive and diverse workplace where we are actively supporting the promotion of equality for all employees at all levels.
- Chevron is working to close any gender gap where it may exist; equal pay or enabling a representative and meritocratic progression to careers and reaching senior roles across the organisation.
- Chevron is focused on growing a culture where people with disabilities can excel through support in role and long-term career opportunities including workplace adjustments.
- Chevron considers itself a learning and flexible employer and want to support everyone to bring their best self to every day.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at EuropeHRSSRecruitment@Chevron.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.