Total Number of Openings
Chevron Renewable Energy Group is accepting online applications for the position of Operations Coordinator at Geismar, LA facility through November 10th, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. (Central Time Zone).
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing the planning and coordination support function from an operational focus for both GTA and GTB. This role works closely with the Operations Shift Supervisors and Maintenance department to plan and coordinate operational tasks, maintenance work, and various support activities, and establish and execute safe work practices including coordinating LO/TO, etc.
Working closely with the Operations & Maintenance teams this role is responsible for the safe and efficient planning and coordination of Geismar Operations aligned with the operations plan. Prior to GTB Mechanical Completion, the Operations Coordinator will report to the GTA Operations Manager and will be involved with all aspects of RFO (Ready for Operations) including but not limited to Operations procedure development, ICP (Initial Commissioning Package) development, System Walkdowns, PSSR’s, Commissioning & Start-up activities, Permitting, LO/TO management, etc.Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Ensure Operations understanding and support of the CREG Maintenance and Reliability processes, including but not limited to quality Work Order generation, screening & prioritization; Work Order Planning & Scheduling; Schedule adherence; Equipment preparation & LO/TO; Safe Work Permitting, etc.
- Support operational tasks that are part of the Maintenance Planning process such as: equipment isolation for Control of Hazardous Energy, confined space entry preparation, coordination of equipment preparation, equipment PMs, job scope/plan validation via pre-job walk-downs, etc.
- Assist in developing the Scope Of Work for Operations and Maintenance planning activities
- Prepare and review routine operational job plans by investigating work requirements, preparing logical breakdowns and sequencing of work tasks, taking into account multi-craft alignment
- Maintain the Operations LO/TO, equipment isolation & blind list, Car Seal, etc. databases and ensure adherence to the process
- Manage asset availability and grouping of Work Orders to facilitate the efficient use of Operations & Maintenance resources when assisting with the development of the Schedule
- Coordinate and represent Operations working with Maintenance Planning and Execution teams driving operational priorities to help understand and adhere to operational availability and asset downtime as per the Production Plan
- Act as a key Operations representative at the daily Operations/Maintenance Schedule meeting
- Facilitate the removal of delays/barriers that may impact the Schedule.
- High School diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or equivalent is required.
- Must be business-minded with strong problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills.
- Strong project management, organizational, and planning skills
- Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop strong cross-functional working relationships.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities, multitask, and deliver on aggressive timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse team in a safety-focused environment.
- Strong commitment to environment, health & safety, and ability to lead by example.
- A Trade Certificate, Diploma, or Degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent operational experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of industry plant experience with at least 5 years of experience working in an Operations coordination/planning role is strongly preferred.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron's parameters.International Options
International assignments won't be considered.
Chevron regrets that is unable to provide VISA/Sponsorship.Regulatory Disclosure For US Positions
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, reproductive health decision-making, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.