Lead Controls Engineer
Would you like to be involved in designing innovative products?
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Join our cutting-edge Engineering team
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions business provides industry-leading products and services that optimize extraction, production and processing of energy. As a team with integrity, we create value with impactful decisions by effectively connecting ideas and people. We champion entrepreneurial culture to unlock full potential by bringing energy to the world.Partner with the best
You'll be responsible for Control software development for Gas / Steam Turbine driven trains for both compression and power generation applications.You'll work on activities relevant to Control Systems either for Customer projects or tasks and validation of the relevant solution.
As a Lead Controls Engineer you will be responsible for :
Fuel your Passion
- Design of rotating machine control and instrumentation systems including protection systems, synchronisation schemes, Excitation systems and Terminal Cubicles from concept to delivery
- Provision of technical support to Customers and to BRUSH Sales, Manufacturing, Testing, Commissioning functions
- Responsible for electrical circuit design and familiar with machine Excitation, synchronising and Protection Systems
- Communicates and works well with co-workers, customers and suppliers (both nationally and internationally)
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Technical abilities to extend beyond pure electrical design and to include mechanical
- Prepare and review technical specifications including review of customer specifications
- Work with Sales and Tendering to prepare and review tendering documentation and specifications
- Participate in cross-functional activities such as customer meetings, quality improvements, product and project reviews
- Support manufacturing technical quality assurance at sub supplier facilities.
- Play a cross functional role in discussing and agreeing corrective and preventative actions for QA issues
- Support sales and services personnel by occasionally working on sites in the UK, offshore and overseas when required
- Be flexible in working times as dictated by work load and non-planned events
- Partake in the continuous improvement and development of BRUSH Controls products
- All employees have a legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work and to observe and follow the relevant systems, rules and methods of working
- The job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various duties as may reasonably be required of you by the Company
- Be flexible in working times as dictated by work load and non-planned events.
- Partake in the continuous improvement and development of BRUSH Controls products.
- All employees have a legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work and to observe and follow the relevant systems, rules and methods of working.
- The job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and you may be required to undertake various duties as may reasonably be required of you by the Company.
Work in a way that works for you
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Controls/Electrical/Instrumentation discipline) with 6- 10 years experience in Excitation Controls Design, Generator Control Systems
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Application design of automatic voltage regulators, synchronisers, load sharing equipment and protection relays
- Design of HV products such as generator terminal cubicles (15kV)
- Setting calculation and configuration of protection relays including IEC61850
- PLC programming
- Ability to interpret and design electrical circuits & PLC’s
- Create technical design specification and hardware design specification.
- Knowledge of software-based microsystems / control and communication systems including Modbus and Ethernet.
- IT Literacy and proficiency in the use of MS Office Packages.
- A solid understanding of control system hardware, configurations, and electrical power generation & associated control’s equipment.
- Knowledge of communication equipment for protection relays such as IEC61850 would be advantageous.
- Experience in control equipment’s design application such as automatic voltage regulators, load sharing equipment and protection relays or relevant
- Experience in electrical power generation control system design, instrumentation & protection equipment including design of 15kV cubicles.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of leading development and cost reduction products
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Successful track record of delivering accurate, comprehensive requirements to specific timescales and release schedules
- High level of project management tools and techniques knowledge
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working remotely from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.R102921