Ensures timely and efficient handling of International and Domestic orders to Internal and External customers; Ensures proper shipment planning, transport mode selection, routing and scheduling; Coordinates and communicates with Carriers and Freight Forwarders to obtain the rates and transport booking, generates shipping documents and obtains Trade/Customs Compliance for import/export, including HTS/ECCN classification and Visual Compliance for the 3rd party Customers as and when required; Effectively communicates with various internal departments, customers and carriers/freight forwarders on various projects for advance shipment planning and visibility; Operates JDE ERP system and Excel to generate shipping documents, SLI, purchase requisitions and perform other tasks as required; Assists with shipment preparation, packing, labeling and loading as and when required; Participates in meetings with internal stakeholders to provide Logistical support and guidance.Responsibilities
- Serve as the point of contact for selected international shipments and assist with domestic shipments as and when required.
- Ensure shipments are properly packed, labeled, and accurate per accompanying documents and in line with company and international regulations.
- Prepare shipping and transport documents including but not limited to Commercial Invoice, Packing List, Bill of Lading, Shipper Letter of Instruction, Airway Bill etc.
- Process shipments in JD Edwards ERP Program to update Inventory and Order Status.
- Prepare Non JDE Shipments per provided Shipping Information Form.
- Process shipments using UPS Shipping PC and/or DHL online account to print the labels.
- Obtain and negotiate the rates from the freight forwarders and understand various terminology associated with transport modes and various surcharges. Plan shipments based on proper transport mode and routing selection.
- Ensure best option is used, based on cost/transit time according to lane and shipment specifics for FTL/LTL/Hotshot carriers as well as Air and Ocean freight, using company Logistics portal or OTM application.
- Use sound judgement and evaluation of sales/freight terms based on INCOTERMS 2020 to select and negotiate appropriate terms between the shipper and the consignee.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders, freight forwarders/carriers and customers to resolve issues and provide logistical guidance.
- Use company Logistics Portal for the latest updates on approved/preferred carriers and freight forwarders for various lanes and destinations, shipment consolidation options, access to various tools and resources for efficient handling of shipments.
- Ensure all shipping info is uploaded into OnBase Program and hard copies filed.
- Assist with Purchase Requisition creation to obtain Purchase Orders for various carrier and freight forwarder invoices.
- Load Trucks using forklift as/when needed.
- High school diploma is required. College degree is preferred.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point). Knowledge of Oracle JDE ERP and OTM is a plus.
- ASCM qualification or certification is a plus.
- Willingness to learn, undergo training and apply new techniques for efficient work implementation.
- Be a self-starter and ability to think analytically based on data analysis.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be a good team player and ability to collaborate with colleagues at different departments and levels.
- Be ready for change for continuous work improvement, striving for fast and on-time delivery of shipments.
- Forklift operation experience
- 3-4 years of related experience.