DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Drafter is responsible for NOV Hydra Rig's drafting responsibilities. This individual must have working knowledge of AutoCAD and SolidWorks. Additionally, the candidate must be able to prepare manufacturing drawings from red lines, or sketches, under the direction of an Engineer/Designer. Based in Fort Worth, Texas, the Drafter will be required to complete assigned drafting tasks within appropriate times allowed by project schedules.
Skills & Experience Required
- Demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
- Create new drawings in the drawing management software.
- Create ENs in the drawing management software.
- Navigate in the product data management software.
- Create details, weldments, burn patterns, and assembly drawings from layouts, marked-up blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions.
- Follow all applicable company and corporate policies, procedures, and programs, including but not limited to the process map, support processes, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Demonstrates cooperative team effort within the work group and other departments.
- Meets drafting standards: productivity, completeness, and accuracy
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a related work environment desirable but not required.
- Must have training or work experience using AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Solid computer skills is essential – Microsoft Office.
- Exposure to fabrication and machining environments desirable but not required.
(visit usbenefits.nov.com for more information about our benefits offerings)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – NOV matches every dollar up to 5% of base pay and overtime for every dollar you invest
- Competitive medical plans that cover your entire family (yourself, eligible spouse, and eligible children) as of your first date of hire for as little as $125 per pay period (bi-weekly)
- Employees and their spouse enrolled in a medical plan can receive up to $350 (pre-tax) each per year for participating in Choose Well-being Rewards
- FREE preventative medical and dental care for the entire family (when enrolled in an NOV medical/dental plan and seeing an in-network physician)
- FREE Basic Life and AD&D insurance (for full-time employees)
- All regular full-time employees start with 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (prorated based on start date)
- All regular full-time employees receive up to 11 paid holidays per year