PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Education & Experience Qualifications
- Understand proper grinding procedures.
- Lifts, positions & secures work pieces on the work table for further processing & inspection.
- Checks & inspects work for conformity to specifications
- Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete.
- Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, or cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Responsible for prompt reliable attendance.
- Understand company principles and goals.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe environment.
- Operates a forklift and lifting devices for the movement of parts.
- Communicates with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality, and other shop personnel as it relates to the job.
- Comply with all NOV Company Policies and HSE procedures.
- Utilize safe work habits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Ability to pass a drug screen & background check.
- 1-year fabrication shop or manufacturing environment experience a plus.
- Previous experience in a heavy manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Prior forklift and lifting device operation experience is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts and change work schedules.
- Must be able to use small hand tools (grinders) and operate a variety of switches and valves.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to identify nonconforming products based on drawings and/or examples.
- Be able to manually work multiple levers and knobs in association with applicable machines or equipment.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions & communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division for the purpose calculating material fabrication.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, and competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled facility with personal protective equipment.
- Repetitive movement with hands & fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls include simple grasping, fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, and reaching with hands & arms.
- Must be able to stand/walk for 6-8+ hours a day; occasional sitting.
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching.
- Lifting weights up to 50 lbs. Regularly with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Safety glasses and a hard hat while in the shop area.
- Steel toe boots and hearing protection when required.
(visit usbenefits.nov.com for more information about our benefits offerings)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – NOV matches every dollar up to 5% of base pay and overtime for every dollar you invest.
- Competitive medical plans that cover your entire family (yourself, eligible spouse, and eligible children) as of your first date of hire for as little as $125 per pay period (bi-weekly.)
- Employees and their spouse enrolled in a medical plan can receive up to $350 (pre-tax) each per year for participating in Choose Well-being Rewards.
- FREE preventative medical and dental care for the entire family (when enrolled in an NOV medical/dental plan and seeing an in-network physician).
- FREE Basic Life and AD&D insurance (for full-time employees).
- All regular full-time employees start with 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (prorated based on start date).
- All regular full-time employees receive up to 11 paid holidays per year.
Pay - $20.58/hr