Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. We believe affordable, reliable and ever-cleaner energy is essential to achieve a more prosperous and sustainable world. Chevron produces crude oil and natural gas, manufactures transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals, and additives, and develops technologies that enhance our business and industry. To advance a lower-carbon future, we are focused on efficiently decreasing our carbon intensity, increasing renewables and offsets in support of our business, and investing in low-carbon technologies that enable commercial solutions. More information about Chevron is available at https://www.chevron.com/.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Facilities Engineering Intern located in Calgary, Alberta
until Sunday, November 5
at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).This internship opportunity has a targeted duration 16-months, beginning on May 2024
Facilities Engineers responsibilities including construction projects, such as the installation of oil, gas and water production, separation and injection facilities. Facilities Engineers work on repairs, additions and new installations of tanks, vessels, compressors, pumps, piping, power distribution and computer controls. Facilities Engineers are also responsible for various aspects of projects which include: project identification and scoping, estimation of labor and material costs, engineering and design of equipment, preparation of specifications for construction and equipment purchases, contract administration for construction activities, job supervision and planning, cost monitoring, interfacing with field and operations, interfacing with various regulatory agencies, and start-up of facilities.
Facilities Engineering Interns are assigned to positions and projects that contribute value to Chevron based on degree, relevant academic preparation, previous work experience, and career objectives. Interns will be provided guidance by a supervisor and a technical mentor.Chevron Provides
- Hands-on technical work projects which will expand your knowledge of the industry and accelerate your professional development.
- Exposure to the latest technologies for exploration, production and reservoir management in a workplace dedicated to digital acceleration.
- Collaborative, high-performance work environments where integrity, diversity and teamwork are valued.
- Training of industry and Chevron proprietary applications.
- Students pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- Professional/academic focus in a technical area aligned with Chevron’s business needs.
- Strong academic performance in core programs, communication, leadership, teamwork.
- Problem-solving skills, analytics, and exposure to coding & data science concepts.
- This position may require driving on a routine basis.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Experience in research, technology development or consulting.
- Previous experience in an integrated oil or international service company intern program.
- Participation in an industry or energy company university research project.
- Practical experience with data science and / or machine learning.
- Please submit your resume and unofficial transcript(s) for review.
- We offer alternative work schedules including 9/1 (work 8.33-hour days, with every other Friday off)
- We offer a hybrid work model - work remotely from home 2 days a week (Monday & Friday)
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.