Manage the E2E execution of pre and post DG3 C&P support required to deliver Projects across the Argentina Asset, this includes 2 Major Infrastructure Projects. The position collaborates with Internal stakeholders and suppliers to maximize value delivery in post and pre award phase while ensuring HSSE, Security of Supply, Operational and License to operate goals are achieved.
- Directly managing and coordinate execution of all CP activities (strategy, tactics, sourcing/award, contract management, claims, close-out) aligned with the CP Projects Expected Practices and Outcomes (EPO) to deliver the project requirements and targets
- Deliver contracting strategies and tactics that meet the project technical, cost, and schedule requirements
- Build trust and partnership with senior contractor representatives
- Coordinate integrated CP delivery to the project across CP Operations, Category Management, MSC, and Claims & Contract Management teams
- Represent CP on the project leadership teams, provide supply chain leadership and expertise
- Perform effective business partnering with Business Opportunity Managers, Project Managers, Contract Holders, Contract Owners, Engineering Managers, Functional leaders (Finance, Legal, Project Services), and CP Projects leadership
- Effectively manage contract claims and variations at contract and project level to achieve the best commercial outcome for Project Teams.
- Work effectively with Contract Holder and Project Services to provide accurate quarterly cost estimates.
- Acts competently as internal Subject Matter Expert for Infrastructure projects contracting.
- Identify, develop, and implement supply chain improvement opportunities
- Identify and implement business opportunities with diverse and local suppliers and contractors
- Ensure supply chain delivery supports Goal Zero by implementation of robust Contractor Safety Management, Worker Welfare, and Quality Management practices
- Build and maintain a strong network in the local market, being fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities
- Ensure application of relevant CP policies and procedures using commercial judgement, common sense, and a simplification mind-set, understanding the difference between non-negotiable compliance elements (Safety, E&C, Code of Conduct, Law) and CP operating practices, while always keeping enterprise business value in focus
- Provide integrated leadership for the pre and post DG3 C&P support required to deliver Projects across the Argentina Assets, including 2 Major Infrastructure Ban EPS and BAN EPS 2 annual spend value of ~US$150mln-250mln depending on project phasing.
- Lead the C&P support required to deliver Project to Asset handover and assurance for the successful start-up of Argentina Assets.
- Deliver Supply Chain Value Improvements >5% (~$8mln) per annum
- Key Stake holder interfaces – Project Senior Manager, Asset Project Managers, Project Teams, Contract Holders, Contract Owners, Global Category Team (where applicable) & Suppliers
Skills & Requirements
- Successful candidate is expected to have deep CP core skills as defined in CP Competency framework, detailed below, which have been acquired in frontline CP roles.
- The successful candidate will be expected to role model the aspired behaviours and culture e.g., integrative leadership, asset delivery focused, natural team collaboration, etc), Sharing practices and leveraging proven practices cross asset
- Collaborates and integrates within CP and with business, asset focused outcomes. Understands business and speaks business language. Has effective influencing skills and can flex his/her style to audience. Proven track record of commercial acumen.
- Proven track record of developing and leading high performing teams and individuals, with demonstrated ability to interact seamlessly and effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholder to develop competitive and resilient Supply Chains, that deliver on the business goal while ensuring that underlying supply chain processes are set up to ensure success.
- Strong CP experience in supply chain strategy development and execution, complex EPC contract negotiations, contract/supplier performance management, claims management, procurement operations, and contract close-out.
- Sound understanding of major capital projects development and execution including the Project Management Framework
- Prior experience with complex engineering, procurement, and construction services contracts
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation.
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation, and commercial issues.
- Demonstrated ability to Collaborate and integrate across CP and business, with an enterprise first mindset.
- Good understanding of Legal, Finance, Project Services, and Logistics issues associated with major capital projects
- Focused on value outcomes for the enterprise, and able translates business strategy, risks, and opportunities to required supply chain strategy outcomes
- Brings external market/supplier into the conversation with demonstrated commercial curiosity
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance is a ‘must have’ in all CP roles
- Has effective influencing skills and can flex his/her style to audience
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
CP Competency level required for Role
- Business Partnering – Mastery
- Supply Chain Intelligence – Skill
- Most Competitive Category and Sourcing Strategies – Mastery
- Deal Making and Negotiation - Mastery
- Supplier and Contract Management – Mastery
- Process, Systems, Information and Data Management – Knowledge
- Materials Management and Warehouse Operations - Knowledge