Imagine a future where you play an integral part in the global conversion to Green Energy, working at the first of its kind, state-of-the art Renescience facility
Join us in this role where you’ll lead a team of skilled operators to maximise the capacity and efficiency of site operations. You’ll be responsible for the core operation of the Renescience process through our bespoke SCADA system. From your base in our control room, you’ll monitor, optimise, and respond to the operation of the plant, coordinating your team accordingly.Welcome to Operations
You’ll be part of one of our five operational shift teams where you, together with your colleagues, will work closely with anaerobic digestion operators, process operators, and logistics operators, supporting each other with the common goal of safe and stable operation of the facility. You’ll also serve as an integral link between our Operations and Maintenance departments, ensuring strong cooperation and communication between all. As a team, we form an important link between wider organisational departments, from projects and technology to finance and asset management.You’ll play an important role in:
To succeed in the role, you:
- ensuring the core operation of the Renescience plant from the control room through SCADA system
- coordinating permitted activities in collaboration with the Safe Systems of Work Controller
- assisting the handover of plant operations to the following shift, ensuring information flow is captured
- suggesting improvement proposals and working with the EPC & Technology teams to facilitate ongoing optimisation works.
- have experience in operating DCS-driven plant operations
- have experience in working with LOTO and Permit to Work systems
- preferably have experience in leading a team
- preferably can work independently, take responsibility, and make process-critical decisions.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 26 October 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact David Beddows, Operations & Maintenance Manager, on (United Kingdom +44 (Do not use)) 7584588451 from Monday to Friday between 09:00-14:00 GMT if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.