ConocoPhillips is a leading oil and gas company, which is hiring Willow Project Planners for contract positions. The Progress Planner works under the direction of the Program Planning & Scheduling Lead and will be accountable for the administration of the program progress management process & tools. The purpose of the Progress Planner position is to ensure the Project Management Team has timely and accurate progress information to assist in the decision making process. The Progress Planner may also provide input to project schedule updates in Primavera P6, cost forecasting, contingency management, and change management.
Located on Alaska’s North Slope in the National Petroleum Reserve (NPR-A), the Willow project is estimated to produce 180,000 barrels of oil per day at its peak.
The economic impact of the Willow project will be sizable. According to the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) estimates, Willow could generate between $8 billion and $17 billion in new revenue for the federal government, the state of Alaska, the North Slope Borough, and local communities. The initial phase of Willow development will include a new Willow Central Processing Facility (WCF), three drill sites, pipelines, roads, bridges and supporting infrastructure.
The Willow project is spread over several phases and areas.
2023 – 2025 - Detailed Design
2023 – 2024 - WOC Fabrication
2025 – 2027 - WOC North Slope Installation and Commissioning
2025 – 2027 - WCF / DS Sealift Module Fabrication
2027 – 2029 – WCF / DS North Slope Installation and Commissioning
Willow will be a greenfield design including all processing facilities, utilities, drilling equipment, camp, and power generation.
The Progress Planner reports to the Program Planning & Scheduling Lead and may be responsible for:
- Conducting regular progress review workshops with the project management team and various subsets of the team.
- Ensuring proper characterization and tracking of progress basis and potential outcomes.
- Ensuring the quantification of progress is reasonable and consistent.
- Interfacing with the project planners to ensure that subproject progress data is incorporated and rolled up to project level.
- Publishing progress curves for team use.
- Interfacing with external resources (contractors) to ensure proper progress documentation is represented.
- Interfacing with internal resources (project management team, quantity surveyors, field construction, etc.) to ensure proper progress documentation is represented.
- Work with a variety of project stakeholders to garner and maintain progress basis, status, and updates.
- Communicating monthly reporting cycles for data inputs.
- Analyzing and communicating trends on progress subsets.
- Assisting in regular updates and maintenance of the project schedule in Primavera P6.
- Assisting in preparation of project and contract change documentation.
- Participate in monthly project cost forecasting and reporting.
- Five years experience on capital projects in the petroleum industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access)
- Excellent verbal communication skills in small and large groups.
- Excellent technical writing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrable technical competency and proficiency in the field of CPM planning and scheduling, namely using Oracle P6.
- Demonstrable technical competency in the field of Project Controls and use of Project Controls systems.
- Demonstrable technical competency in the field of earned value and progress measurement.
- Bachelors’ Degree and/or equivalent experience
- Experience on large projects or multiple small projects in Refinery, Petrochemical or Oil & Gas projects.
- Knowledge of proprietary computer software systems used for project management, tracking, controlling, and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability for development of reports for and presentations to management, especially as it relates to progress tracking, progress curves and earned value measurement.
ConocoPhillips contract opportunities are for project-based or other short-term engagements that require specialized skills. Successful candidates for contract opportunities will not be considered employees of ConocoPhillips or any of its subsidiaries nor will candidates be eligible for employment benefits. Candidates looking for regular full-time employment opportunities should begin their search here: https://careers.conocophillips.com/