PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Education & Experience Qualifications
- Operate all engineering lab test equipment and data acquisition components.
- Assemble and test equipment according to blueprints, engineering specifications, and customer requirements in the most cost-effective and safest manner possible, while meeting production schedules.
- Check the quality of parts to ensure accuracy of dimension and quantity.
- Must be able to use basic QA dimensional inspection tools (i.e., dial calipers, ID/OD mics, durometer hardness tester, etc., and follow inspection documents.)
- Operate forklift and overhead crane.
- Follow all safety and environmental policies and programs.
- Interface with manufacturing, engineering, production, and QA personnel.
- Utilize safe work habits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Ability to pass a drug screen & background check.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in assembly and testing of oil field equipment in a production environment is required.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English as it relates to the job.
- Must be computer proficient - Knowledge of MS Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Able to read and understand manufacturing documentation.
- Knowledge of hydrostatic, hydraulic, and nitrogen gas testing equipment.
- Able to understand engineering procedures and mechanical assembly drawings.
- Extensive knowledge of subsea and land-based coiled tubing pressure control equipment is preferred.
- Working knowledge of component fault finding.
- Sufficient knowledge to work with little or no supervision on pressure control equipment and Engineering R&D projects.
- Ability to work in a non-climate-controlled facility.
- Ability to work overtime when required and stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting weights up to 50 lbs. Regularly.
(visit usbenefits.nov.com for more information about our benefits offerings)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – NOV matches every dollar up to 5% of base pay and overtime for every dollar you invest.
- Competitive medical plans that cover your entire family (yourself, eligible spouse, and eligible children) as of your first date of hire for as little as $125 per pay period (bi-weekly.)
- Employees and their spouse enrolled in a medical plan can receive up to $350 (pre-tax) each per year for participating in Choose Well-being Rewards.
- FREE preventative medical and dental care for the entire family (when enrolled in an NOV medical/dental plan and seeing an in-network physician).
- FREE Basic Life and AD&D insurance (for full-time employees).
- All regular full-time employees start with 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (prorated based on start date).
- All regular full-time employees receive up to 11 paid holidays per year.