- Job ID- 26676
- Country- USA
- Location(s)- Stamford, Connecticut, Houston, Texas
- Company- Equinor US Operations LLC
- Contact Name- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workplace- Onshore
- Discipline- Marketing & Supply
- Education Preferred- Bachelor or Master's degree
- Experience Preferred- Less than 2 years
- Closing Date- Nov 13 2023
As a summer intern at Equinor, you will join 22,000 colleagues delivering oil, gas, wind, and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. By 2050, we aim to become a net-zero company and provide the energy the world needs without contributing to global warming. It is one of the defining challenges of our time, and attracting and developing the brightest minds will be critical to our success.The position
Our summer internship is a 12-week programme designed to provide the experience and skills you need in your studies and future career. Our US internship will begin on 28 May and ends on 16 August 2024.
You can find out more about the programme at www.equinor.com/careers/summer-interns
Manufacturing, Marketing and Processing (MMP) is a commercial area responsible for maximizing the value creation of Equinor’s production worldwide. MMP is responsible for global market analysis, marketing and trading of crude, petroleum products, natural gas and electricity as well as developing low carbon solutions (including h ydrogen and c arbon c apture and storage) . MMP is also responsible for transportation and infrastructure positions to ensure Equinor’s production reaches the market in an efficient manner .
The MMP Business Area has approximately 1,000 employees consisting of key roles such as Traders, Marketers, Originators, Macro and Market Analysts, Commercial and Shipping Operators, Charterers, Contract M anagers , Deal H andlers, Asset M anagers , and various other roles . Equinor has a strategic ambition to focus on data, digitalization and ‘continuous improvement s ’ and all MMP roles are activ e contribut ors to this .
Our summer interns will work on multiple tasks throughout the business. Work tasks may vary according to your competence profile, assignment , and business needs. Typical assignments under MMP are within-
- Trading – support of commodity trading activities , chartering and risk management . Programmi ng , d eveloping , and validating quantitative models for valuation and risk assessment , applying financial mathematic s or econometric methods .
- Energy logistics – support of c ommercial operations, contracts management, claims , deal handling , and settl e ments .
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture. For this position, we are also looking for-
- Currently studying for Bachelor’s, Master’s degree, or Ph.D. with a strong academic record within Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Shipping, Trading, Logistics, Innovation , Mathematics , Statistics, Risk M anagement, Risk A nalysis, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science, or other rel evant disciplines .
- Fluent in English and preferably a second working language.
- No more than two years of relevant full-time work experience.
- Have completed at least two years of bachelor education before the internship programme starts (28 May 2024).
- Candidates must live in a state where Equinor currently operates.
- Candidates must have the necessary work permit for the country in which they are applying for a position. The work permits must be valid at the point of application and for the duration of the employment. Please note that Equinor does not support, or sponsor work or visa permits for internship applications. Read more about it on the national authorities’ pages-
- E xperience with Microsoft Power Platform a plus
Every role and business area requires its own specific set of skills and personal attributes. Some of the qualities and characteristics we look for include-
- An awareness of risk and a commitment to safety for yourself and those around you.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to facilitate collaboration, influence stakeholders, and contribute to a diverse and inclusive culture.
- The flexibility to adapt to change, embrace new technology, and perform in a digitally enabled environment.
- Demonstrating a curious mind and the ability to problem-solve, innovate, and identify new ways of delivering against our objectives.
Equinor is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the educational and experience requirements, including those with disabilities. If you have any specific requirements for any stage in our process, please make this clear in your application, and our team will be happy to support you.General information
Please make sure that when applying, you attach the following-
- CV/ resume in English
- transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) obtained to this point during your studies. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript.
Applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
To ensure an efficient recruitment process, please be informed that you may apply for a maximum of 3 Summer Internship roles per country.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.Why join us?
The summer internship is an opportunity for you to get to know Equinor, our people and culture, and the way we work. You will work on various tasks and projects that will provide value for you and Equinor. You can also expect-Hands-on experience
You will spend your internship working on tasks and projects within the discipline you have applied for, giving you first-hand experience of your team's strategy, processes, and culture. Interns will spend the remaining 20% on learning experiences and a group project.Learning and development
You will join a series of learning sessions that provide an overview of our business and introduce you to some of the processes we use at Equinor. These will include introductions to key areas of our strategy and learning opportunities covering various professional skills that will help you in your future career.A balanced and rewarding work culture
Our interns have the same opportunities to work flexibly as the rest of our employees, allowing you to balance work with the things that matter away from the office. We also recognize that your internship is an opportunity to build lifelong relationships and networks. We encourage all our interns to take advantage of this.
For more information, visit Equinor's websiteEEO Is The Law and Pay Transparency-
Federal contractors are required to disseminate the EEO Is the Law poster and Supplement, including the addition of sexual orientation and gender identity as protected classes, as well as the Pay Transparency provision by posting and electronic posting in conspicuous places available to employees and applicants for employment.
Link to posters- https-//www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/postersEEO Statement-
Equinor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.Accommodation Statement-
Equinor will make reasonable accommodation to assist a person with a disability in the application process. If you need an accommodation in order to apply for a position please contact email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.