AR Cash Applications Specialist
Location: Houston, TX
Model of Work: Hybrid
Are you excited by challenges? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, international, and dynamic environment which contributes to drive the energy transition? Then now is the time to join Quorum Software, a rapidly growing technology & professional services solutions company and industry leader in energy transformation.
Quorum Software is the world's largest provider of digital technology focused solely on business workflows that empower the energy industry. Throughout every region of the globe, customers rely on Quorum's proven innovation and unmatched global expertise to streamline business operations and make data-driven decisions that optimize profitability and growth. Our industry-leading solutions are transforming energy companies across the entire value chain, helping visionary leaders evolve their organizations into modern energy companies.Overview
The AR Cash Applications Specialist plays a critical role in our accounting department by ensuring the accurate and efficient application of customer payments and the management of accounts receivable records. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with various teams to resolve payment discrepancies.Responsibilities
- Cash Application: Apply customer payments accurately and efficiently to customer accounts using the company's financial software (NetSuite)
- Payment Reconciliation: Investigate and resolve discrepancies between payments received and invoiced amounts. Collaborate with internal teams to identify and rectify payment issues.
- Customer Communication: Maintain professional and courteous communication with customers regarding payment discrepancies, missing information, or other payment-related inquiries.
- Account Reconciliation: Reconcile customer accounts and ensure accurate account balances.
- Data Entry: Record payment transactions in an organized and precise manner to maintain accurate financial records.
- Reporting: Generate and review regular reports on cash application activities, account balances, and outstanding payments.
- Process Improvement: Continuously identify opportunities to streamline cash application processes and contribute to process improvements.
- And other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in accounts receivable or cash application functions, preferably in a SaaS or technology company.
- Proficiency with ERP financial software (preferably NetSuite) and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy in data entry.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Organized, self-motivated, and capable of meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is a plus
- Prior experience with SaaS billing and payment systems is a plus.
- Background Check: The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances: Criminal History Check, Education Verification, Employment Verification, Driver’s License Verification and passport/ID validation.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with Quorum Software in the United States is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position. The successful candidate will be required to ensure they maintain and renew any visas or permits that grant employment eligibility where applicable.
About Quorum Software
Quorum Software connects people and information across the energy value chain. Twenty years ago, we built the first software for gas plant accountants. Pipeline operators came next, followed by land administrators, pumpers, and planners. Since 1998, Quorum has helped thousands of energy workers with business workflows that optimize profitability and growth. Our vision for the future connects the global energy ecosystem through cloud-first software, data standards, and integration. The trusted source of decision-ready data for 1,800+ companies, Quorum Software makes the essential connections that let us work better together in the connected energy workplace. For more information, visit quorumsoftware.com.Diversity Statement
: At Quorum, we are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We want to be the place where a diverse pool of talented people join us, stay with us and do their best work. With a diverse team of employees, we grow and learn better together. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and our achievements. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other characteristics that make us unique. We have a DEI committee focused on Culture, Advocacy and Talent, have company-wide Unconscious Bias training and more.Quorum Business Solutions and Quorum Software are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a member of the Human Resources Department
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment and eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.