Calpine Corporation is America's largest generator of electricity from natural gas and geothermal resources with operations in competitive power markets. Its fleet of 76 power plants in operation and one under construction represents nearly 26,000 megawatts of generation capacity. Through wholesale power operations and its retail businesses, Calpine serves customers in 22 states, Canada and Mexico. Its clean, efficient, modern and flexible fleet uses advanced technologies to generate power in a low-carbon and environmentally responsible manner.
The company was established on the premise that a strong commitment to the environment is inextricably linked to excellence in power generation and corporate responsibility. Since its founding in 1984, Calpine has led the power industry in its unwavering commitment to environmental stewardship. In addition, its renewable geothermal plants use steam generated deep below the earth's surface to produce clean, renewable electricity.
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned)
Maintains and repairs electrical equipment and instrumentation. Monitors, maintains, and repairs plant Distributed Control System (DCS). Monitors, maintain, and repairs gas turbine, steam turbine control systems, generators, transformers, and switchgear. Maintain, calibrate and repair plant electrical, instrumentation, and control systems. Perform routine trouble shooting activities. Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to effectively accomplish required maintenance in and efficient and organized manner. Optimize plant preventative maintenance program to meet OEM recommendations, regulatory requirements, and corporate maintenance philosophy. Responsible for maintaining logs, manuals, records, blueprints and operating procedures in a neat and professional manner. Provide written reports on control system conditions when required. Incorporates safe behavior into all activities and consistently complies with all established safety and health policies and procedures, helps to identify and eliminate or actively manage risks in all work activities.
- Entry-level; practical operating knowledge to perform job.
- Performs standardized, ongoing duties and tasks.
- Routine decisions.
- With guidance, ensures timely and accurate performance of responsibilities for a single trade, group of closely related tasks or functional area.
- Work typically reviewed by others; work reflects developing competency and basic skills.
- Errors may cause simple rework or correction to single task.
- Duties and tasks are standardized.
- Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
- Works under direct supervision and/or defined parameters.
- Prioritizes basic tasks; priorities typically guided by standard practices or by others.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Entry level/apprentice; with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in instrument/electrical and control system applications.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with an advanced understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
- Experience with DCS programming and configuration
- Begins to achieve primary certifications/licensures. Valid state driver’s license.
Additional Calpine Information
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here