- World’s largest independent upstream oil and gas business
- SPIRIT values - Safety People Integrity Responsibility Innovation Teamwork
- Operations in 13 countries
Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.Job Summary
Eagle Ford Overview
The liquids-rich Eagle Ford tight oil trend, located in the Western Gulf Coast Basin of South Texas, represents the company’s second-most prolific unconventional resource development. ConocoPhillips was one of the first companies into the liquids play, resulting in a low-cost entry into this acreage. In 2009, the company began exploring the development potential of this play and by year-end 2022 held approximately 199,000 net leasehold and mineral acres, primarily in DeWitt, Karnes, and Live Oak counties.
During 2022, 153 operated wells were brought online, bringing total wells online at year-end to more than 1,700. Net production in 2022 averaged 220 MBOED.Description
If you are selected as the Eagle Ford Construction Engineer, you will be the primary resource to resolve capital projects construction-related technical issues in Eagle Ford. This role is the technical liaison between project controls, construction, quality, engineering and operation supporting the Eagle Ford construction team in execution of the work. The Construction Engineer is the primary resource to resolve construction-related technical issues that arise during execution.Job Description
Responsibilities may include:
- Support Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) objectives through active participation in field observation processes during jobsite visits
- Ensure construction and operability safety is incorporated into designs
- Lead the implementation of the constructability process for Eagle Ford capital projects
- Review/comment on drawings from IFA through IFC and actively participate in model reviews
- Work with vendors, 3rd parties, Operations, D&C, Contractors, etc.
- Ensure as built redline drawings are kept current and submitted to engineering
- Facilitate timely RFI response and resolution
- Ensure change management process is effectively implemented and followed
- Act as the single point of contact between construction and engineering to ensure consistent and timely communication
- Facilitate construction readiness review
- Coordinate, schedule, and lead PSSR walkdown
- Assist in the resolution of material procurement, logistics, expediting, and availability issues, as assigned
- Participate in fabrication kick-off meetings, and ensure vendor is clear on the deliverables, specification, ITPs, hold points, FAT, etc.
- Review and comment on contractors submitted change orders
- Provide recommendations into the development of Contractor execution schedules, as required
- Collaborate with pipeline team to establish efficient routing, staking and boring plan
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Construction Management, other related technical field, or foreign equivalent
- 5+ years of major oil and gas industry project experience
- Intermediate knowledge of construction or engineering of industrial facilities, well facilities and pipelines
- 5+ years of experience with demonstrated success in execution of capital projects
- 3+ years of previous experience with L48 projects in Bakken, Eagle Ford or Permian business unit
- Prior experience in role with similar responsibilities
- Demonstrated technical competence—understanding of design and installation of new and brownfield facilities
- Strong multi-tasking skills with ability to handle multiple ongoing activities
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of construction execution processes
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change, inspires innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and models adaptability through resourcefulness, flexibility, and positivity
- Continuously demonstrates strong SPIRIT values
- Knowledge of rules, regulations, standards, and specifications applicable for installations in the Eagle Ford
November 4, 2023Sponsorship:
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.EEO:
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.