Reports directly to the Shift Foreman. The Lead operator overseas one departments (Blast, coating, or final inspection) operation on one coating line. Will ensure station meets production quotas and dept remains on the production schedule designated by the Shift Foreman. Must have the ability to make operational decisions to maintain a productive and efficient flow on the department.Responsibilities
- Ensure your station is operating efficiently and hitting production quotas. Ensure your stations operators are following all NOV Tuboscope Standard Operating Procedures and QMS Procedures for that work area
- Communicate and coordinate all pertinent information to Shift foreman to ensure effective and safe operations.
- Performing quality checks throughout production runs.
- Inform the shift foreman any interruptions or irregularities at department.
- Follow all Company HSE, QMS policies and procedures and report to the appropriate personnel of any violations of these policies or procedures.
- Ensure all QMS Reports for your station are being completed by plant operators.
- Perform other various job duties that may be required by the shift foreman or their designees.
- Good communication skills/ability to lead small groups.
- Mechanical aptitude as demonstrated by prior experience.
- Ability to think ahead, anticipate problems, make decisions.
- Self-motivated towards productivity improvements, quality, and safety awareness.
- Solid interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Willing to work overtime, weekends and some holidays as needed.
- Proven proficiency in department of the coating plant production line required.
- Prior coating and sand blasting experience preferred but not required.
- NACE certification preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.