Are you passionate about being part of a successful team?
Do you like working in collaborative teams and solving critical issues?
Join our Team!
The essential responsibilities and skillsets of a Channels Sr. Business Partner
will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a key member of both the Valves & Gears Global Channels team and the respective Regional Sales teams to drive profitable growth within the Valves & Gears Channel Partner Portfolio.
- Work closely with the respective Regional Sales teams, Services Enablement teams, Industry Vertical, Technical / Solutions Sales team, and supporting functions in order to proactively define, prioritize, direct, and support Channel Partner (CP) growth initiatives with a focus on:
- Increasing CP Opportunity Pipeline and Win Rate for both New Units and Aftermarket.
- Optimizing CP coverage in assigned territory by filling coverage gaps, replacing non-performing channels, redefining assigned territories and/or products, and developing and maintaining CP succession plans.
- Prioritizing CP onboarding and renewal activities working closely with respective regional sales leader(s) and Global Channels Operations team.
- Driving the wing-to-wing (W2W) CP Performance Management process, from initial assessment (KPIs) through the definition, prioritization, and execution of Mutual Action Plans (MAPs), including individual development & training plans for every CP. Ultimate goal is to enable CP growth by increasing their capabilities:
- Product & applications domain knowledge, and technical selling capabilities in both core and new adjacent markets.
- Expertise and self-sufficiency with CP facing tools.
- (Valves) Equipment sizing & configuration self-sufficiency with minimal support.
- Increased commercial intensity around opportunity management, account planning, value selling, marketing & promotion, etc.
- Services capabilities, including increasing knowledge and penetration of BH and competitors’ Installed Base (IB), proactive outage campaigns, pricing strategies, frame agreements, spare parts planning & stocking initiatives, retrofit, upgrades, and digital services capabilities (i.e. Valve Lifecycle Management).
- Any other areas of need as identified through discovery efforts.
Measurements / KPIs
- Driving collaboration amongst channel partners, including lead sharing, opportunity collaboration, inventory sharing, best practice sharing, etc.
- Proactively support CPs with marketing, promotion activities, branding, and other commercial needs.
- Lead / Support all CP related communications working closely with regional sales team and other stakeholders. This includes:
- Gathering broad CP VOC, acting as the main POC to drive all follow-up activities internally, as well as communicating back to the channels.
- Setting up and facilitating regional channel council forums; driving active participation and follow-up rigor.
- Facilitating regular regional CP meetings with varying agendas based on channel VOC and internal stakeholders.
- Resolving / supporting any audit (compliance, FCPA, quality) or performance issues that arise with CPs.
- Lead / Support other channel related commercial excellence initiatives and projects as required.
Fuel your passion
- Channel Year over Year opportunity pipeline and orders growth (Projects & Aftermarket)
- Channel Capability Score Improvements – Commercial, services, equipment, etc.
- Channel succession plans
- Channel Win / Loss Ratio
- New Channel onboarding cycle time
- Agreement Renewals on time%
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Have at least 10 years of sales / commercial experience with proven orders growth record dealing effectively with channel partners and end customers.
- Have experience defining and implementing commercial strategies in a matrix / cross-functional organization.
- Have a heightened sense of teamwork, entrepreneurism and accountability.
- Have interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to influence, communicate, build consensus and lead cross-functional teams at different levels of a matrix organization.
- Have oral and written English language communication skills.
- Spanish/Portuguese language skills strongly desired.
- Have hardworking with a positive, can-do attitude, and be willing and able to roll up your sleeves to get the goals accomplished.
- Ability to work across time zones in order to support regional activity and flexibility to travel (if needed).
Work in a way that works for you
- Valves (control, safety, regulation, etc.) and Gears (high speed, low speed, epicyclic) domain and industry knowledge is strongly desired
- Masters in Business Administration
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.R102068