Are you passionate about discovering new technologies?
Would you be able to lead a global team?
Join our Team!
As Global Technology Discovery Leader you will strategically manage all aspects of organic and inorganic technology acquisition across all segments and you will work closely with entry points within the 5 businesses of our IET segment.
As Global Technology Discovery Leader you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Initiating and managing key initiatives to foster our cultural transformation around ideation, blue sky thinking, start up thinking and risk- taking.
- Leading with an open innovation approach for technology acquisition and ensuring cross connection and leverage across IET.
- Managing organic idea generation program to feed mid- and long-term pipeline.
- Scouting for strategic inorganic technologies & perform due diligence to position for partnering or acquisition.
- Managing technology road mapping across organic and inorganic portfolio to optimize synergies and prioritize investment.
- Gathering technology intelligence and develop technology competitive landscape to enrich decision making.
- Driving and initiating strategic external technology collaborations with partners and customers and paving way for execution.
To be successful in this role, you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
- Solid professional experience as a leader in a technical field around innovation and experience in managing a global team
- Have prior experience on managing technology at the burgeoning phase.
- Have a self-starter attitude with ability to create an agile and nimble environment within a larger organization.
- Have exceptional influencing skills from junior to senior executive levels to achieve goals without direct authority.
- Have strategic and blue-sky thinking abilities.
- Be able to identify a goal or objective and develop plans and strategies.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Have positive attitude about performance and teamwork
- Be able to operate in a globally spread matrix organization.
- Have business acumen with the ability to link technology and commercial.
- Be open to new ideas, curious, creative, and inclusive.
- Have EU passport and willing to travel up to 30%
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
- Working remotely
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.R101100