The position is for Stock Valuation Analyst to support the Team Manager in reporting and analyzing month end close results for Hydrocarbon and address operational issues to ensure that all metrics and processes are achieved. The role should also be able to identify process improvements or control gaps and resolutions. Participation in major change programs such as implementation and process standardization is also required. Pro-actively provide in-depth issue resolution to support E2E process and value chain in Hydrocarbon area and deliver assigned activities and drive for operational excellence within the team.
- Operate the most challenging scope in the area of Stock Valuation with different dimensions of complexity (ex. multiple locations/OU's/Businesses including Manufacturing/high materiality/number of transactions including at risk with reputation, connectivity with multiple/senior/demanding stakeholders including active participation in different business engagements; focal point roles assigned; support to TM on Blackline analysis & sign off / control etc.)
- Use/has in depth knowledge on various inventory valuation methodologies (FIFO/NRV, CCS and LIFO) is able to back up all the operators and support during MEC
- Adhere to fundamentals of standard accounting principles, policies and standards. Ensure all processes, procedures and controls are followed, and that a robust control framework is maintained. This includes adherence to the Work Instructions that this document is updated.
- Embed knowledge management (business/process) within the team and ensure that local process/business/stakeholder knowledge is adequately recorded/documented and retained.
- Coordinate issue resolution in the team; take over different types of requests from stakeholders and can appropriately identify issue owner/necessary action
- Ensure effective KPIs analysis by identifying root causes, implementing and monitoring improvement plans; present results to different parties within Hydrocarbon organisation and Business
- Cooperate closely with Process Experts and GRA regarding issues to drive operational excellence and effective Control Framework
- Provide information and explain all the concerns on the process/Control Framework to internal and external auditors including facilitation of the talkthrough/walkthrough meetings
- Support process knowledge sharing within and across the organization through conduct of PKWs, WoW.
- Contribute to process improvements and simplification, in particular support Process Owners with Continuous Improvement efforts and leveraging CI mind-set
- Other relevant activities/tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Responsible for the reporting and analysis of month end close results for Hydrocarbon and address operational issues to ensure that all metrics and processes are achieved.
- Operate the most challenging scope in the area of Stock Valuation with different dimensions of complexity (ex. multiple locations/OU's/Businesses including Manufacturing/high materiality/number of transactions including at risk with reputation
Maintain an environment supportive of diversity and inclusiveness
Maintain a safe working environment and support sustainable working.
Strong Stakeholder Management
Strong Continuous Improvement Mindset to deliver more business impact
Strong Control Assurance Culture to deliver operational performance
Strong knowledge of GSAP accounting system
Good working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel; VBA knowledge is desirable and will be an asset
Fast and accurate data input skills, analytical skills & attention to details
Mid Shift on regular days
Early Night Shift during closing activities