At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we can work together.
ExxonMobil has operated in the U.K. for more than 135 years. We are best known today for the marketing of our Esso fuels and Mobil 1 lubricants and for our petrochemicals. We have refining and chemical operations in the UK, we operate the UK’s biggest private pipeline network and we retain a non-operated share in a number of fields in the North Sea. More recently, we are developing our involvement in lower emission projects in the UK, building on our experience in carbon capture and storage (CCS), hydrogen production and biofuels.
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life. We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan and private health care for employees and their families.
Please note benefits may be changed from time to time without notice, subject to applicable law.
What you will do
- Drives identification and pursuit of opportunities that capture arbitrage, deliver portfolio synergies, create optionality, and generate value for the ExxonMobil trading portfolio
Leads structuring, negotiation, and execution of high-value, complex deals in support of trading, value chain, and corporate objectives.
Responsible for originating [crude, gas, freight, products and feedstock opportunities including producer offtake, refinery supply/tolling, inventory finance, and other structured trade finance solutions].
Uses knowledge of physical and financial derivative markets, typical deal structures, and trade finance to form a strategic plan and priorities for Origination in collaboration with trading desks and internal stakeholders.
Identifies, develops and executes market-facing opportunities that leverage ExxonMobil scale, trading portfolio, asset footprint, reputation, relationships, and balance sheet.
Leads negotiations on complex deals with third parties that include embedded options accretive to ExxonMobil trading portfolios and asset base.
Applies structured finance solutions (e.g., inventory finance, loans / pre-pays, syndication with banks) in order to increase deal profitability, manage risk, and reach deal closure.
Evaluates alternatives and devises deal enhancements to maximize commercial margin and mitigation strategies to manage risk.
Grows and develops key external relationships with producers, refiners, commercial market players, logistics companies, private equity, banks and financial institutions.
Maintains active pipeline of third-party opportunities.
Delivers profitability to ExxonMobil trading portfolio and asset base, capture optionality, mitigate risks, and manage efficient use of capital.
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Be educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in a numeric discipline e.g. Engineering, Science, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics (or relevant work experience underpinned by strong P&L performance)
- Experience, or in-depth knowledge, of physical and financial derivatives trading in global or specific regional crude or refined products markets
- Five or more years of experience of energy commodity origination, trade finance, or similar role within a bank, trading house or major oil company
- Expertise in structuring commodity / trade finance transactions and application of risk management strategies
- Successful record in identifying, negotiating and closing complex structured deals such as producer financing/offtake arrangements, refinery supply/tolling, inventory finance, etc.
- Broad external network and transactional history with oil and gas producers, refiners, project developers, private equity firms and banks
- Strong business instincts; deal-oriented, driven, flexible, creative, and commercial mindset; takes well-managed risks and reacts quickly to market conditions
- Possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a multi-cultural, cross-regional team environment.
- Willingness to impart trading skills and coach fellow team members.
- Strong team player
- Have fluent English language skills (written and spoken), with additional language skills being an advantage
- Candidates should be self-motivated and focused on achieving business results through a multi-disciplinary team, demonstrating strong teamwork, communication and leadership skills.
Stay connected with us
Learn more at our website
Subscribe our channel at YouTube
Follow us on Twitter at @ExxonMobil_UK
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.