- World’s largest independent upstream oil and gas business
- SPIRIT values - Safety People Integrity Responsibility Innovation Teamwork
- Operations in 13 countries
Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.Job Summary
Join the ConocoPhillips Australia Commercial team in the position of Commercial Analyst.Job Description
ConocoPhillips Australia acknowledges the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Nations Peoples and Traditional Custodians of this land, and we pay our respects to Elders past and present.
ConocoPhillips’ Australian headquarters are located in Brisbane. Our focus is supplying Australian customers with natural gas and international customers with liquefied natural gas. We do this through our 47.5 percent interest in the Australia Pacific LNG joint venture, one of the largest producers of natural gas in eastern Australia. ConocoPhillips Australia also operates the Australia Pacific LNG liquefied natural gas facility near Gladstone. We are also an exploration company, with ongoing exploration occurring in the Bowen and Surat Basin in Central Queensland and new exploration in the Otway Basin along the southern coast of Australia to identify natural gas reserves for supply to Australian customers.
Reporting to the Investment Appraisal Lead the Commercial Analyst
will be primarily responsible for economic and financial analysis related to ConocoPhillips’ operations at the APLNG project in the Queensland and provide support for Australian BU exploration opportunities. The Analyst is required to provide high quality, critical and independent assessment of the economic robustness of complex investment decisions and/or commercial arrangements, ensuring that value is maximised for the company.
The Commercial Analyst
will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Undertake deterministic and probabilistic economic modelling in support of ConocoPhillips operations at the APLNG project and/or exploration opportunity in a timely fashion often under tight deadlines.
- Assume ownership of the project economic models, and responsibility for maintaining and updating them to a high standard of compliance with ConocoPhillips standards of modelling excellence and ensuring regular peer reviews.
- Assist project management to identify and evaluate potential business development opportunities and risk that are associated with the project.
- Communicate the results of analyses to management in a way that adequately captures the key value drivers, uncertainties and risks of various investment decisions.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the complex fiscal and commercial regimes governing various projects and their impact on the value of investment decisions.
- Develop close working relationships with key technical staff, including sub-surface, engineering and finance, and provide guidance and assistance in preparation of business case justifications corporate reporting.
- Work closely with Business Planning and the Finance Team to ensure seamless integration of project models into ConocoPhillips annual Long Range Planning and budgeting process.
November 5, 2023Sponsorship:
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the country where this job is located is NOT available for this position.EEO:
ConocoPhillips is an equal opportunity employer.