Total Number of Openings
Operates and monitors company plants and facilities, typically Upstream facilities after primary separation and processing (such as gas and co-gen plants) and Downstream & Chemical refineries and plants. Monitors process variables, troubleshoots, and performs interventions to maintain operating performance.
Performs routine assignments under general supervision. Gaining knowledge of work procedures and practices.Chevron-Renewable Energy Group
The purpose of this position is to ensure that quality product is shipped and received from the facility in the most efficient manner.Essential Functions
Key Accountabilities:Loading/ Unloading Material
- Perform load-out functions and train plant operators on safe performance of load-out functions including:
- Safely loading product for shipment into railcars and trucks
- Inspecting product for quality indicators while loading
- Sample loaded product as necessary for retention and quality purposes
- Connecting/disconnecting hoses to trucks, tanks, and other storage units
- For each shipped, received, or produced item, fill out the appropriate paperwork to ensure correct inventories are maintained and forward said paperwork to required parties while keeping copies of the paperwork for on-site filing
- Responsible for verifying product quality before the product leaves and reaches the customer
- Maintain shipping and receiving system complete with appropriate documentation and work instructions
- Help to verify load-out instrumentation to ensure its proper function
- Assist with manufacturing, packaging, and load-out of specialty oil products
Other Frequent Duties
- Monitor and continually improve quality control in all aspects of biodiesel plant shipping and receiving operations
- Acquire, label and store retained product samples
- Visually inspect retained samples for product quality before releasing the shipment
- Inspect and test the quality of incoming raw material shipments prior to their release for use in the plant; follow established testing procedures and accurately report the results
- Perform general facility maintenance and housekeeping at the load-out facilities
- Generate daily shipment reports
- Tracking shipment details and organizing receipts
- Follow all safety regulations for any work area, and encourage others to do the same
- Follow all safety guidelines regulated by REG, OSHA, or other regulatory agencies
Perform other duties as assignedJob Qualifications
: High school education or equivalent.Experience Required
: 6-12 months general work experience preferred. Previous shipping and receiving experience preferred.Skills Required
: General knowledge of computers, basic mechanical skills, and good communication skills. Ability to climb semi-truck loading ladders. Willingness to work in extreme outdoor elements.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure For US Positions
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, reproductive health decision-making, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.