Would you like to be part of a successful manufacturing team?
Are you a passionate about production planning?
Druck is a global technology company with a large UK manufacturing & engineering facility. As a market leader serving the Aerospace, Industrial, and Energy markets, Druck designs, develops and manufactures the highest quality, most accurate and reliable pressure sensing devices, instruments, and software to provide innovative products, services, and solutions to our customers.Partner with the best
As a Planning Manager you will be responsible for the team that plan and schedule the materials required on site for our sales orders. In this role you will coordinate and expedite the flow of materials according to production schedules. Working closely with all parts of the business you will be improving processes in the planning function and meeting the needs of our customers. You will be part of a wider materials team in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, driving to achieve our targets.As a Planning Manager, you will also be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Leading a team of Material Planners, including coaching & team development
- Working closely with other members of the Materials Team to achieve targets in respect of OTD, NPI and Inventory
- Working with Materials Manager and S&OP Lead to further develop forecasting at the site
- Working to develop capacity planning to support materials availability & the timely execution of the production schedule, including new product introduction.
- Achieving customer fulfilment targets to customer request date and ensure timely communication to customers in respect of promise dates for Sales Orders
- Developing material/product stocking policies to support a growth in sales of 10% annually whilst minimising slow moving inventory.
- Working with Inventory Lead in respect of cycle counting and obsolescence targets at site by driving continuous improvement initiatives into the supply chain
- Reporting to the business on a weekly basis the current product lead times and review and implement initiatives to bring lead times into line with market expectations where appropriate
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have good understanding of all aspects of the supply chain including production planning using MRP/ERP, raw materials, production and logistics.
- Have excellent analytical, negotiation and communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Have a minimum of 5 years relevant management experience, ideally gained in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Have experience in Lean/JIT, and/or Six-sigma and be well versed in root cause problem solving.
- Have knowledge of forecasting, manufacturing planning, including capacity planning
- Have good understanding of MS Office applications, specifically Excel
- Ideally experienced in using SAP
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productiveWorking with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we must push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.R102956