At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we canwork together.
ExxonMobil in Singapore
ExxonMobil is one of Singapore’s largest foreign manufacturing investors with over S$25 billion in fixed asset investments.
We have manufacturing facilities that include an integrated world-scale refining and petrochemical complex in Jurong and Jurong Island, a network of service stations under the Esso brand, operate a lubricant plant and are a supplier of cylinder cooking gas. ExxonMobil provides customers and commercial markets in the region with ground transportation, industrial, aviation and marine fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
As Singapore serves as the AP hub for some of our businesses, we employ about 3,500 people across positions in operations, projects, commercial, corporate support functions and others.
ExxonMobil also contributes to community programs in Singapore that support the arts, education, health and the environment.
For more information, visit www.exxonmobil.com.sg or follow ExxonMobil Singapore on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Through our internship program, you will gain first-hand experience with an industry leader in the area of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) marketing, trading and optimization. In addition, it will be an excellent platform for you to explore your career aspirations while delivering tangible benefits throughout our business from invaluable on-the-job-experience. Beyond that, you won’t be going it alone as you will have a supervisor assigned to you who can help you navigate the organization, give advice on your development & help you learn what it takes to achieve your goals.
Your internship will be assessed, and the process includes a formal final review of project delivery and performance by your supervisor. You’ll also be asked to prepare a final presentation and/or provide a report out about your project / work achieved. You can look forward to the following in your time with us:
- Learn and support some of commercial activities including marketing, trading and optimization
- Improve initiatives and programs that expose you to daily activities of our operational team
- Involvement in real significant commercial activities. Take part in value-driven optimization activities, gain insights into pillars of operational fundamentals & contribute to business needs.
Outstanding candidates may be offered a full-time job offer to kick start your career.
What you will do
- Innovate, seek optimization opportunities and drive value captures by working with LNG teams, including LNG marketing / trading, shipping and analytics teams
- Serve as EM scheduling / delivery focal point for, and maintain excellent relationships with all stakeholders (Buyers, LNG Marketer, Trader, LNG Plant, Production Scheduler, Ship Charterer, Ship Scheduler, Contract Administrator and in-country representative) to enable timely lifting and delivery of cargos to our customer
- Develop and implement LNG Annual Delivery Program / 90-Day Schedule, co-ordinate day-to-day LNG cargo deliveries and other schedule adjustments
- Determine spot volume with LNG plant production team and then working with LNG Trading team to optimize cargo values
- Perform and understand scheduling, marketing or operational reasons to achieve optimal result and seek optimization opportunities to create values
- Provide LNG stewardship reports; prepare internal / external presentations
To be eligible for our Internship Program, you should be:
- Preferably in your 3rd year of study at the university level in one of the following disciplines: engineering, business, marketing, economics
- Willing to work at an assigned location – HarbourFront Tower One
- Successful candidates may be assigned to LNG supply planning or optimization role
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to read, understand and execute contractual clauses to protect company’s interest
- Creative and innovative mind to seek optimization opportunities to create values
- Highly collaborative
- Possesses high analytical and computational skills to dissect and evaluate scheduling simulation results, being enable to quantify and evaluate trade-offs
- Inter-personal effectiveness with internal and external parties
- Advantageous if you are fluent in one of the following language, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean for ease of communication with external parties in China, Japan and Korea.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Able to travel occasionally
Stay connected with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity in conformance with all applicable laws and regulations to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements. The Company administers its personnel policies, programs, and practices in a non-discriminatory manner in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, work assignment, promotion, transfer, termination, wage and salary administration, and selection for training.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.