Total Number of Openings
Chevron Renewable Energy Group is accepting online applications for the position of Class A Driver located in Des Moines, Iowa, through November 1st, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. C.S.T
The purpose of this job is to be responsible for driving a class A, semi-tractor pulling an 8,500-gallon fuel tanker trailer (transport) to customer locations, loading and unloading bulk fuels, and completing assigned paperwork. There is exposure to dust, fumes, and high noise levels. Required to drive occasionally in hazardous conditions, including adverse weather, tight quarters, and rough roads. Mandatory compliance with all DOT, HAZMAT, company policies, procedures, and practices.
Responsibilities May Include But Are Not Limited To
- Loads trucks properly with the correct fuel type and quantity for each customer’s needs.
- Completes documentation consisting of Bills of Lading, Delivery Tickets, (BOL), and Inventory.
- Delivers products in correct quantities and time as instructed by the Logistics Coordinator.
- Performs general light maintenance on the truck, including but not limited to checking oil, fuel, tire air pressure, brakes, lights, etc. Keep truck and cab clean.
- Completes Pre and Post-trip vehicle inspections, including spill kit, fire extinguisher, and truck permit paperwork on/in the truck. Maintain accurate log book.
- Provides friendly, courteous, and professional service to customers at all times.
- Keeps dispatch/supervisor and Logistics Coordinator/Logistics Team Leaders informed of any potential customer issues, complaints, spills, leaks, incidents, accidents, violations, citations or injuries, or vehicle problems.
- Notifies dispatch/supervisor in advance, of any absence, late arrivals, or early departures.
- Perform maintenance on rental tanks and utility trailers as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have a High School Diploma
- Must be 21 years of age
- Possess a Class A commercial driver's license with proper endorsements, including Hazmat and a current medical card.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience driving a Class A tractor-trailer rig.
- Tank vehicle endorsement
- Physically capable of using equipment needed to load and unload transport, including pulling hoses and climbing onto the top of the truck, using a small ladder.
- Physically capable of participating in heavy lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, and carrying hoses/nuzzles weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Experience driving in snow, ice, tight corners, rough roads, and other adverse weather conditions.
- Driver applicants with prior driving experience must supply all driving experience in the last 10 years
- Acceptable driving record with no major convictions within the last three (3) years. No more than two minor convictions in the last three (3) years. A continued good driving record is required.
- Able to communicate effectively in order to take instructions from the Logistics Coordinator, Team Leaders, co-workers, and customers.
- Must be competent at math to calculate loads and verify quantities.
- Must be able to read and understand road signs, instructions, routes, and other paperwork.
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen test. A criminal background check will be run on all candidates after a conditional offer of employment has been presented.
- Must follow all DOT, FMCSA, local, state, and federal guidelines
- No DOT-preventable accidents in the last 12 months. Any DOT accidents in the last three years must be reviewed by the safety department. No more than two preventable non-DOT accidents in the last 12 months.
- No serious or disqualifying traffic violations in the past 12 months. Applicants who have any serious violations in the last 36 months must be reviewed by the safety department. Serious violations include but are not limited to:
- Excessive speeding of 15 mph or over the posted speed limit
- Reckless or careless driving
- Improper or erratic lane changes
- Following too closely
- Speeding in a school or construction zone
- No DUIs in the last 5 years. DUIs in the last 10 years will be reviewed by the safety department for approval.
- Two DUI convictions, regardless of time, are a disqualification.
- All alcohol offenses must be reviewed and approved by the safety department.
- Any applicant with a drug conviction must be reviewed by the safety department.
- Any applicant with a felony must be reviewed by the safety department.
- No abandoned equipment
- Must agree to allow Renewable Energy Group to request Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and Pre-Employment Screening Program (PSP)
- One-year fuel hauling is preferred but not required
- No more than three different jobs in the last 12 months or 6 in the last 24. Provide at least two recent job references and demonstrate a stable work history.
Relocation benefits will be considered within Chevron's parameters.
Internation assignments won't be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure For US Positions
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, reproductive health decision-making, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.