ConocoPhillips is a leading oil and gas company, which is hiring a Project Planner IV for contract positions. The Project Planner IV is a specialist, knowledgeable in all aspects of planning and scheduling and change management.
Located on Alaska’s North Slope in the National Petroleum Reserve (NPR-A), the Willow project is estimated to produce 180,000 barrels of oil per day at its peak.
The economic impact of the Willow project will be sizable. According to the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) estimates, Willow could generate between $8 billion and $17 billion in new revenue for the federal government, the state of Alaska, the North Slope Borough, and local communities. The initial phase of Willow development will include a new Willow Central Processing Facility (WCF), three drill sites, pipelines, roads, bridges and supporting infrastructure.
The Willow project is spread over several phases and areas.
2023 – 2025 - Detailed Design
2023 – 2024 - WOC Fabrication
2025 – 2027 - WOC North Slope Installation and Commissioning
2025 – 2027 - WCF / DS Sealift Module Fabrication
2027 – 2029 – WCF / DS North Slope Installation and Commissioning
Willow will be a greenfield design including all processing facilities, utilities, drilling equipment, camp, and power generation.Key Accountabilities
- Developing the total Facilities Install resource loaded plan to include the entire project lifecycle.
- Supporting the Implementation and maintenance of the integrated Facilities install project schedule assuring timely and accurate schedule data input to the system.
- Tailoring existing procedures and providing guidance to the Facilities install team (Willow Central Facilities, Willow Operations Center, Drillsites (BT1, BT2 and BT3), and Module transportation and North Slope Support) for various project planning and scheduling activities including baselines, forecasts, actuals, and critical path evaluation.
- Coordinating all planning interfaces between scopes, phases and organizations.
- Ensuring the project team follows the corporate and the Willow Project scheduling standards and procedures.
- Interfacing and coordinating with the project teams and Contractor’s Planning and Scheduling to ensure that all project schedule data is incorporated into the integrated Facilities Construction and the Willow project schedule in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaising with the Program Planning and Scheduling Lead to integrate the Facilities install planning and scheduling program into the Willow main schedule.
- Analyzing all incoming project schedules and providing early warning process by variance and trend analysis and recommending viable recovery or work around plans as required to the Project Teams.
- Update all Facilities Install progress curves and provide oversite, guidance and review of Contractors’ progress and performance measurement and reporting.
- Coordinating with the Cost Control team to ensure that the Facilities installation schedule aligns with the Facilities installation cost budget and forecast.
- Developing monthly planning and scheduling Dashboards reports for the facilities install scope of work and supporting all monthly reporting requirements.
- Oversight of the change/trend management process of the contractors and stewarding the owner’s trend and change management.
- Ensuring that contractors’ deliver all the planning and scheduling requirements from baseline schedule and all schedule updates, Progress measurement rules of credit, progress measurement workbook/database and reports, progress measurement curve, quantity curves and any other planning and scheduling deliverables, reports and analysis.
- Reviewing and analyzing Contractor’s proposed baseline schedules, updated schedules, manpower plans, critical path and progress reporting and provide timely feed back to the Project Controls Lead- North Slope Install, the facilities construction team, and Contractors of any schedule risk or opportunities.
- Ensuring that all Contractors are aware of the Enterprise Schedule architecture, software requirements, reporting requirements and any modifications to the database that are made.
- Coordinating and/or performing schedule risk analysis if required.
- Perform Schedule audits using the schedule audit checklist (when/if necessary).
- Communicating to the Project Controls Lead- North Slope Install variances from the approved ConocoPhillips Standards and Policies.
- Being a leader in HSE performance by communicating, fostering, supporting, and enforcing the Willow HSE policies, procedures, guidelines, requirements, and objectives.
- Current/valid driver’s license
- Bachelors’ Degree and/or equivalent experience
- Proven management and staff leadership skills
- 12+ years of project controls experience on major capital projects in construction/Oil Industry Projects, Refinery or Petrochemical environments in assignments of increasing responsibility, complexity and scale.
- Extensive experience with Primavera.
- High technical competency in the field of Project Controls with an expertise in Planning and scheduling, progress measurement, CPM scheduling, Critical Change Management, as well as expert use of Project Controls systems.
- Willing and able to work on a temporary assignment in Anchorage during the off-season
ConocoPhillips contract opportunities are for project-based or other short-term engagements that require specialized skills. Successful candidates for contract opportunities will not be considered employees of ConocoPhillips or any of its subsidiaries nor will candidates be eligible for employment benefits. Candidates looking for regular full-time employment opportunities should begin their search here: https://careers.conocophillips.com/
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, Project Management or Engineering.
- Arctic project/construction experience
- 8+ years of direct, in-depth project construction planning experience in arctic oil and gas projects or similar.
- Knowledge of Project Controls, Cost Engineering, Planning & Scheduling, Forecasting (Work in Progress/Earned Value)
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and promote the adoption of Project Services' established planning / control practices.
- Certification(s) in the project management discipline from a recognized organization (Primavera, PMI, AACE etc).
- Demonstrated interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Demonstrated communication skills to influence contractors to implement the Willow Project Management Procedures.
- Knowledge of proprietary computer software systems used for project management, tracking, controlling, and reporting.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines and across organizational boundaries.
- Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results.
- Ability to balance short- and long-term priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet deadlines.
- Personal accountability - makes commitments and is accountable for obtaining results.
- Self-motivated, team player.