Total Number of Openings
LOB Technician is mainly responsible for blending, testing and shipping activities.
- Comply with Chevron EHS policy to ensure lab and LOB operation safety.
- Responsible for LOB OPEX & CAPEX, keep the expense below the allocated budget.
- Liaise with Technical Internal Support, Customer Technical Support, Field Testing and Technology team for formulation modification, optimize the lab trial to guide the blending for D&I (Detergent & Inhibitor) package, XA (Experimental Additive), VII and Lubricant Oil.
- Responsible for blending study, perform tests to check quality of incoming raw material and products (Including D&I package, XA, VII, Lubricant Oil, Base oil)
- Responsible for specification and blending correction, build up strong connection/alignment with stakeholders.
- Troubleshooting for off-test blends.
- Perform tests as required by technical service.
- Responsible and taking part in ASTM Proficiency Program.
- Perform round robin testing with customers to resolve test result discrepancies, especially for the Lubricant Oil.
- Keep blending and testing data records.
- Responsible for the sample shipment, nominated freight forwarder to ship the requested samples to customers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of products, raw material, reference oil, chemicals, LOB consumables.
- Keep up to date knowledge on the test methods and calibration procedures to assure accuracy of results.
- Do site-preparation and installation of new analytical instruments when necessary.
- Work with instrument vendor engineers to trouble-shoot, repair and improve the reliability of the laboratory instruments.
- Do the Schedule calibration and preventive maintenance programs for LOB facilities and Laboratory analytical instruments.
- Play an active role for Laboratory/LOB’s continuous improvement using Lean Sigma methodology.
- Practice the best housekeeping of the laboratory and LOB house.
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry from a recognized University with more than 5 years of experience in analytical testing of an Oil/ Petroleum/ Petrochemical or Lubricant Additives Manufacturing facility.
- Strong knowledge in Analytical Chemistry with operating knowledge of laboratory instruments such as ICP, FTIR, HTHS, MRV, CCS, NOACK Loss, Shear Stability, etc.
- A Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Petroleum Testing Methods and familiar in ASTM, IP and APHA Test methods.
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills.
- Able to work in a cross-functional environment.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.