What's the role
Business Analyst provides world class services to application development and enhancement projects. As a Business Analyst, you will identify and define the business needs of their clients and stakeholders whilst helping to determine solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. The role may be part of an IT project development environment or an individual contributor at the business interface.
Where you fit in
You will work as part of a global team in the IDT (Information & Digital Technology) organization. IDT drives business value through providing world class technical, functional, and consulting expertise to deliver the right skills, at the right time.
You would be joining a company where technical talent, growing careers, developing leading edge skills, and deepening Shell business knowledge is a high priority. You would bring your business analysis and domain skills to join our diverse and distributed IT team in the Bangalore (India) working as one team together with other Shell IT hubs globally (London, Houston, Netherlands).
As a Business Analyst, you will support Shell LNG Marketing & Trading teams working in the D&A team (providing support to the Data & Analytics capability for the SLMT business area), the Freight For The Future team (working on IMOS / Freight improvements) or in the Salesforce team (delivering digital transformation to a variety of business areas on the Salesforce platform). The teams all share the objective of empowering enhanced trading decisions through access to trusted data and robust, scalable analytical models and visualizations along with automating business processes and integrating existing tools. Business teams using this data include short- and long-term LNG and freight trading teams for a range of analysis including forecasting and LNG trading decisions. You will experience a great opportunity to participate in delivering IT solutions in support of Shell’s Energy Transformation.
Come and join a team, who are committed to delivering excellence and value to the business. You will have opportunities to invest in your skill development and career growth. You will be working alongside IT professionals who love what they do and enjoy sharing their knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm. Many opportunities will be available to learn and explore, building up new areas of expertise and different business domains.
Working as a subject matter expert in Shell LNG Trading, Freight, and Operations, you would lead the identification and documentation of business requirements, working with technical teams to determine feasible solution options. As a business analyst, you would bring Subject Matter Expertise and domain knowledge to help organize and interpret requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders. You would actively manage the requirements through the end-to-end solution delivery lifecycle, from detailed design to implementation, testing and release, and ultimately the transition of expertise to the support teams.
Your role will vary depending on the projects in your portfolio, typically you would perform the following day to day activities:
- Responsible for the successful planning and delivery of the project(s) business analysis methods, tools, and technology.
- Acts as product SME for the associated delivery teams, developing a position as trusted advisor.
- Close alignment with Business and IT Manager teams to align on product roadmap, demand pipeline, capacity, and capability requirements.
- Ability to travel to business hubs (Singapore/ Dubai/ UK/ India) depending on business needs to meet with SLMT Business stakeholders.
- Responsible for assuring functional design, resolves technical and solution design issues collaboratively.
- Ability to coach and mentor wider business analysis team - playing a key role in elevating the overall capabilities around the Business domain and product knowledge.
- Provide leadership to the teams and be responsible for each team members development plan and performance management.
- Point of escalation for issues which adversely affect systems performance, design, or functionalities.
- Strong leadership, sound analytical skill and change management capabilities to work independently on transformation, improvement initiatives, liaising effectively with senior stakeholders and vendors on complex problems etc.
- Describe technology in terms easily understood by business customers and set realistic customer expectations for the project outcome. Adjust customer expectations in accordance with changes in scope.
- Generate innovative approaches to existing problems or new opportunities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to build trust and understand their goals, motivations, constraints, risks, and operating environment
What we need from you
- At least 5+ years overall IT experience
- At least 3+ years IT BA Experience
- Experience in Salesforce
- Knowledge of physical commodities trading markets and organizations (LNG, physical gas or oil).
- Detailed knowledge of the LNG Market.
- You will be able to demonstrate a wide variety of skills including Freight & IMOS or Salesforce or strong Data and analysis ( SQL/ Migration , Analytics etc.) capabilities
- Experience working in fast- paced project delivery using AGILE methods
- Knowledge of Business Analysis techniques and tools with significant experience in project deliverables including the ability to:
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options
- Visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts.
- A delivery focus in terms of closing out tasks effectively in addition to realizing planned business benefits alongside users.
- Consistent business case/ solution cost- benefit awareness to ensure the right focus is being given to each task to provide maximum benefit to stakeholders.
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams
- Good to have experience of working directly with traders on trader models.
About Shell LNG Marketing & Trading (SLMT)
Shell LNG Marketing and Trading is the face to customers for Shell’s global LNG business. Being one of the largest portfolio players, and building on 50 years in the LNG industry, it is one of the most experienced in delivering cleaner energy globally through managing the purchase and sale of LNG from Shell, its partners and third parties.
Shell LNG Marketing and Trading (SLMT) is the market leader in LNG, with one of the most diversified portfolios and largest market footprint. Over the next decade, the LNG market will become more commoditized. IT is driving innovation and automation in SLMT.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development program. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalization and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.