Read & comprehend various technical drawings of the process & facilities like P&IDs (Piping & Instrumentation Diagram), Isometrics, General Arrangement (GA), Equipment Sketch, Instrument Hook-ups, Loop Diagrams, Cable Schedules, Single line diagram (SLD), Switch board layouts and other mechanical, piping, instrumentation & electrical related drawings. Understand and interpret the corrections & redline mark ups (RLMU) done in the drawings. Preparation & Checking of all 2D updated drawings executed by peer designers. Review of vendor drawings including control system wiring and panel drawings all other interfaces for design deliverables. Preparation and checking of mechanical packages C&I design documents. Knowledge of AutoCAD and MicroStation is a must and candidate with SPI/SPEL is an added advantage.
The role is expected to be the expert in drafting of red line markup (RLMU) updating of drawings using AutoCAD tool, basic knowledge in other discipline technical drawings and closely engage with OU in updating & suggest improvement solutions on enhancing the overall quality of work.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree / Professional / Engineering in Mechanical / Instrumentation/ Electrical/ Drawing & Drafting/CAD. (Any related Engineering Discipline)
- 2 – 4 years of work experience in drawing management, comprehending, creating & updating the drawings viz. P&IDs, PFDs, PEFS, Piping Isometrics, SLDs, GAs, Plot Plan etc., in design, drafting & engineering firms/ consultancy firms/ plant environments/industry.
- Strong proficiency in 2D drawing & drafting tools via experience in AutoCAD/MicroStation and Knowledge in AVEVA E3D is added advantage.
- Proficiency in using PC applications (e.g.: MS Office, Internet, Email). Strong proficiency in English both oral and written. Work experience in Oil and Gas set up is an added value.
- Behavioral Competences: Strong communication skills and quick learner. Be a good team player. Ability to prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities for the area of responsibility. Flexible and adaptable to change, with track record of demonstrating initiative, analytical capabilities and problem solving.
- Shift work following operating hours Monday to Friday 12 pm – 9 pm Chennai India Time
- Virtual working with key stakeholders for day-to-day operations
- Effective initiative to identify and help resolve business and technical issues within areas of responsibility.
- A self-starter and reliable deliverer, with good verbal and written skills in English.
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds and organizational levels across the globe, across diverse time zones.
- The role primarily involves the remote support to the downstream operating units/sites in the drawing management & updates.