At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we canwork together.
ExxonMobil in Singapore
ExxonMobil is one of Singapore’s largest foreign manufacturing investors with over S$25 billion in fixed asset investments.
We have manufacturing facilities that include an integrated world-scale refining and petrochemical complex in Jurong and Jurong Island, a network of service stations under the Esso brand, operate a lubricant plant and are a supplier of cylinder cooking gas. ExxonMobil provides customers and commercial markets in the region with ground transportation, industrial, aviation and marine fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
As Singapore serves as the AP hub for some of our businesses, we employ about 3,500 people across positions in operations, projects, commercial, corporate support functions and others.
ExxonMobil also contributes to community programs in Singapore that support the arts, education, health and the environment.
For more information, visit www.exxonmobil.com.sg or follow ExxonMobil Singapore on LinkedIn and Instagram.
The Marine Coordinator will be part of our Global Marine Team and a key member of our value chain that support Trading and/or Business activities depending on the desk you would be supporting. You will be responsible for end to end management of ExxonMobil chartered vessels and the execution of safe, reliable, efficient and cost effective dispatch and voyage operations for bulk marine shipments. You will also be responsible for coordinating and scheduling terminal and/or refinery inventory, along with lifting and delivery schedules for crude, petroleum or chemicals products and be involved with optimization opportunities to maximize P&L.
What you will do
- Ensure all obligations arising from the relevant contracts are executed flawlessly in compliance with ExxonMobil policies, industry standards, and government regulations
- Serve as primary contact to create a seamless end-to-end supply chain experience for customers
- Manage supply and delivery schedules with internal and external counterparties
- Manage vessel and cargo operations and scheduling activities of ExxonMobil to ensure supply integrity
- Provide marine coverage flexibility to meet supply/demand
- Identify and seek opportunities for cost reductions through optimization of the fleet such as out charters, co-loads, cleaning reductions, repositioning etc
- Interface with external parties such as vessel owners/ brokers/ agents, terminal operators, contracted service providers
- Interface with Optimizers, Manufacturing, and/or Business planners and demurrage claims team
- Work with Traders to maximize profitability for the voyage
- Primary contact for initial incident notification
The following responsibilities may be included if the candidate has potential to be considered for the role of Lead Marine Coordinator:
- Lead discussions with business lines and provide mentorship and guidance to the team
- Lead business or global process improvements and structural initiatives
- Lead stewardship and other KPI meetings with business units
- Have the ability to adopt a strategic and holistic view of business, become a key enabler for business growth
- Provide analytical view of scheduling and vessel chartering, leverage cost and benefit analysis in decision making
What we need from you
- A good graduate degree in Engineering, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, Maritime studies or relevant work experience
- An understanding of Supply or Marine operations, or knowledge in petroleum logistics and operations
- General knowledge on transaction accounting and commercial contracts
- Demonstrate evidence of being able to make decisions under time pressure
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possess strong commercial acumen and ability to problem solve
- Able to function in a fast-paced environment with changing work priorities
- Knowledge of Veson IMOS Platform (VIP) is a plus.
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last and we provide job rotations throughout your career with us. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
Currently our employees benefits include: Long Term Savings Allowance, dental reimbursement, annual health checkups and Home Ownership Assistance Plan amongst others and these are updated from time to time.
Stay connected with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity in conformance with all applicable laws and regulations to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements. The Company administers its personnel policies, programs, and practices in a non-discriminatory manner in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, work assignment, promotion, transfer, termination, wage and salary administration, and selection for training.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.