The Desktop Support Technician expression of interest (EOI) job is used to fill high-volume roles or frequently hired positions to be used for future openings. By filling out an EOI job application you are joining our Talent Community, where you have the opportunity to be matched with openings that are the right fit for you.
ConocoPhillips is a leading oil and gas company, based in Houston, TX, and is hiring Desktop Support Technicians for contract positions. The Desktop Support Technician provides resolution to all desktop support requests.Key Accountabilities
Required And Preferred Skills And Experience
- Provides resolution to all desktop support requests.
- Configures, troubleshoots, isolates, repairs, and resolves all customer desktop issues including desktop/laptop hardware and software, mobile devices, printers, scanners, copiers, hardware peripherals, and other desktop-related equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs desktop computers to ensure they interconnect seamlessly with multiple systems including network drives and all business productivity applications.
- Communicates directly with customers via phone, e-mail, and remote diagnostics to identify, reproduce and resolve customer-reported issues.
- Works independently to troubleshoot all support requests and follow escalation policies.
- Participates in testing, documentation, and implementation of assigned projects.
- Responsible for tracking hardware inventory per division policies along with running and terminating infrastructure cabling between workstations and communication closets.
ConocoPhillips contract opportunities are for project-based or other short-term engagements that require specialized skills. Successful candidates for contract opportunities will not be considered employees of ConocoPhillips or any of its subsidiaries nor will candidates be eligible for employment benefits. Candidates looking for regular full-time employment opportunities should begin their search here: https://careers.conocophillips.com/
- Provides technical and/or administrative support.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn terminology, applications, and standard procedures for performing the job function.
- Performs routine, basic office/field tasks using established procedures.