At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we canwork together.
ExxonMobil in Singapore
ExxonMobil is one of Singapore’s largest foreign manufacturing investors with over S$25 billion in fixed asset investments.
We have manufacturing facilities that include an integrated world-scale refining and petrochemical complex in Jurong and Jurong Island, a network of service stations under the Esso brand, operate a lubricant plant and are a supplier of cylinder cooking gas. ExxonMobil provides customers and commercial markets in the region with ground transportation, industrial, aviation and marine fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
As Singapore serves as the AP hub for some of our businesses, we employ about 3,500 people across positions in operations, projects, commercial, corporate support functions and others.
ExxonMobil also contributes to community programs in Singapore that support the arts, education, health and the environment.
For more information, visit www.exxonmobil.com.sg or follow ExxonMobil Singapore on LinkedIn and Instagram.
What you will do
- Advise operating sites in the management of process safety risks and hazards associated with the processes, equipment and day to day operations
- Provide expert technical support to help drive site improvements, including:
- Review of key safety systems and recommending corrective actions,
- Support effective identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks and the tracking and completion of risk reduction activities in a timely manner, and
- Provide technical support (and leadership if called upon) in incident investigations
- Lead formal risk assessments / Process Hazard Analyses to identify and quantify risk associated with the operation of the facility
- Conduct process safety reviews, process safety-related studies / analyses, and support the development of related control measures for projects
- Provide advice and recommendations on the applicability and interpretation of both internal and external safety guidelines and standards
- Support operating site’s Risk Management Plans and provide technical support to safety and regulatory audits
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of petrochemical/refining experience in one or more of the following areas: Safety, Operations, and / or Engineering Design
- Working experience with hazard identification, risk analyses and assessment methodologies (e.g. Hazard Identification (HAZID), Inherent SHE Review, PHAs)
- Working knowledge of industry codes, standards and practices relevant to process design and safety (e.g. ASME, API, NFPA, ANSI, etc.) and Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (RAGAGEP)
- Understanding and experiences with risk scenario development techniques, including assignment of probabilities and consequences
- Working experience in the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Design, commissioning, start-up of a petrochemical facility.
- Utilization of consequence modelling tools (e.g. DNV PHAST).
- Controls and Protective System Design concepts and impact in risk assessments.
- Design and review of fire protection systems and expertise for firefighting strategies/tactics.
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last and we provide job rotations throughout your career with us. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
Currently our employees benefits include: Long Term Savings Allowance, dental reimbursement, annual health checkups and Home Ownership Assistance Plan amongst others and these are updated from time to time.
Stay connected with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity in conformance with all applicable laws and regulations to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements. The Company administers its personnel policies, programs, and practices in a non-discriminatory manner in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, work assignment, promotion, transfer, termination, wage and salary administration, and selection for training.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.