• Provides functional and thought leadership and expertise for Planning Excellence in Chemicals and Products.
• Acts as primary technical expert for Aspentech Planning tool, PIMS, supporting EMCs and Economists
• Supports practitioners with urgent problem solving to ensure business continuity and escalates to central T&BI Margin Optimization Advisors or 3rd Party vendor as appropriate.
• Implements new advanced simulation and optimisation capabilities and better representation (including visualization) of process plants in Planning and Scheduling tools. Supports in the assurance that models are lean, up to date and changes are communicated amongst MO Advisors and EMC’s to ensure alignment between PIMS, Orion and MBO models.
• Help practioners in the investigation and solution of local optima and infeasible solutions.
• Provides support to configure all existing and new reports from the tools. Supports programming, testing, enhancements, configuration, maintenance of non-IT supported data input and Solution reports.
• Maintain best practice recommendations in a structured fashion, and help propogate these within the E&S practioner community for Planning
• Support Technical Audit of all site LP Models and identifies gaps and gap closure plans
TRAINING / DEVELOPMENT
• Conducts Annual PIMS Training Classes or coordinate third party class alternatives
• Supports with the onboarding of new employees with planning and scheduling tools and all relevant FPP work processes.
MARGIN OPTIMIZATION STUDIES
• Support with structured margin improvement interventions and ensures / assists with implementation of recommendations as relevant with Planning capability of sites or TAO E&S support teams
• Provides Front-End support as the main tool to assemble the planning input data
• Provides CSAR support as the main tool to setup case stacking to answer economic optimisation questions and provide steers
• Coordinate data interface bug fixes or enhancements with IT and T&BI Margin Optimization Advisors
INSTALLATIONS AND TROUBLESHOOTING
• Provides business advice to DS IT regarding Planning PC software installations and helps troubleshooting where needed
GENERAL E&S SUPPORT
• Ensures compliance with the requirements and consistent application of the FPP planning work processes in AMS and assists with the closure of recommendations.
• Planning Advisor will lead global or regional Planning and Basic Data networks with support from a sponsoring E&S Manager. Networks will play a key role in the new organizational setup to ensure peer-to-peer collaboration and support between the various sites, as well help in ensuring best practices in the relevant areas are being pursued at all of our sites
• Networks will play a key role in the new organizational setup to ensure peer-to-peer collaboration and support between the various sites, as well help in ensuring best practices in the relevant areas are being pursued at all sites.
• The Advisor will network with their Global Advisor colleagues supporting other regions as well to ensure inter-regional connectivity.
Skills & Requirements
- Engineering degree or equivalent, with relevant refinery oil and gas experience.
- Minimum 10 years experience with at least 5 years either in refinery planning and scheduling space working with planning tools or Software Industry associated with developing product and tools for Refinery Planning and Scheduling space
- Must have mastery level experience in PIMS
- Has deep knowledge around the utilization of hydrocarbon and refinery economic value drivers
- Able to demonstrate commercial mindset to identify and drive margin opportunities to delivery
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Team player and self-motivated.