Empowering The People Who Power The World
Looking to join the positive-minded workplace of an industry leader? Look no further than IFS, Energy and Resources (formerly P2 Energy Solutions). We are the world’s largest and most trusted partner in the oil and gas sector with over 90+ years of experience in data and 30+ years in software. More than 1,700 upstream oil and gas companies around the world rely on us to improve their business processes and augment their corporate performance.
As we continue to grow, IFS, Energy and Resources is recruiting people into a culture that allows employees to be their best selves at every stage in their career journey. We view diversity and inclusion objectives through the same lens as any critical business objective – and we place a high value on our working environment where all people feel respected and are treated fairly. Our inclusive culture is critical to our success in building a firm that hires, develops, and retains extraordinary people.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
IFS Energy and Resources seeks a Business Solutions Consultant (BSC) who will work as part of the IFS Energy and Resources Sales Team and play a vital role in generating significant sales revenue and gross margin for IFS. During the sales process with prospects and customers, BSC responsibilities are to respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs), assess the degree of application fit, set good customer expectations, to present application software in the context of needs of the prospect, and to convey how the application will benefit the customer. You will have the ability to participate in the analysis, design, build, and implementation of technical and solution response deliverables.
Working as a team with the Energy and Resources Sales Team, and others across the organization this person plays a key role in winning good, profitable business for IFS Energy and Resources. It is expected that employees conduct their activities in an equitable manner according to IFS Code of Conduct, IFS Philosophy and Policy as enunciated by the executive team and the President from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting prospect surveys to identify key business issues
- Understanding prospect business pains and how IFS Field Service Management (FSM) and EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) capabilities address those pains
- Mapping key business issues to IFS FSM & EAM functionality
- Preparing and presenting compelling “Proof of Value” product demonstrations
- Conducting prospect seminars
- Innovating and applying new demonstration approaches and techniques
- A strong desire to work as a team with the Energy and Resources Sales Team and others across the organization
- Continually embracing new functional and technological products
- Preparing industry specific tool kits including PowerPoint, Business Models, Demonstration scripts, demo data, and white papers
- Preparing written updates as required, including but not limited to status reports, sales win strategies, and demonstration assessments
- Actively participating in trade shows and other marketing activities
- Have a valid passport and the ability to travel due to business needs
Skills, Knowledge & Behaviors Required:
- 5 years’ experience in selling cloud enterprise software, preferably in Field Service Management, and Enterprise
- Experience in Enterprise Asset Management to the Energy and Utilities Industries, required.
- Experience in Field Service Management to the Energy and Utilities Industries, preferred/a plus.
- Utilities Industries knowledge required (business processes, field work experience or other).
- Strong business and application software knowledge required
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and ability to communicate complex ideas with simplicity
- A successful track record in pre-sales consulting utilizing sales methodology, such as Solution Selling, Value Engineering, or Target Account Selling is preferred
- Some Windows based scripting language and query language (SQL) a plus
- Organized and able to work many tasks at the same time
- A strong self-starter with personal initiative and drive
- Knowledge of the ESRI Arc platform and associated tools is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, creative, and thorough
- Ability to collaborate with a team to solve customer’s business challenges
- Contribute to a positive work environment
Education and/or Experience:
BA/BS in a Business or Information related discipline or equivalent experience.
Belief In The P2 Way
Our core values:
People, performance, and potential; these are the glue that binds our people and makes our company unique. Our people are our competitive advantage. These principles inform and guide everyone's actions to provide great moments of service:
Agile: We go the extra mile for our customers, our partners, and each other. We stay nimble and keep things simple.
Collaborative: We share information openly and proactively. We foster long term relationships. We partner to create a sustainable and better world.
Trustworthy: We honor our promises. We act with integrity. We take responsibility and ownership. We do the right thing - always!
IFS, Energy and Resources retains multiple office locations globally. We offer a casual work environment, comprehensive benefits plan, generous PTO, and a competitive compensation package. We’re proud of our positive and inclusive culture designed around the philosophies of mutual respect, hard work, and a commitment to excellence. IFS, Energy and Resources is dedicated to individual and corporate growth opportunities.
We foster a creative environment that promotes engagement through awareness and training, helps managers address and encourage conscious inclusion, and breaks down stereotypes and perceived barriers to advancement opportunities for all underrepresented groups. IFS, Energy and Resources supports pay and promotion equity; maintains inclusive benefit programs for all family structures, gender/gender identity and expression, sex, sexual orientation, religion, race, origin, age, or disability; and promotes a working environment that seeks balance in life through commitments to family, community service, and outside interests.
We participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA, and IFS, Energy and Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.