Total Number of Openings
Chevron is accepting online applications for the Experienced Mechanical Designs Engineer
position through December 22nd, 2023,
at 11:59 p.m.
The Chevron Designs Engineer will be a member of the Richmond Refinery Plant Support Designs Engineering team, providing mechanical designs support. The Designs Engineer plays a key role supporting the Refinery’s mission to operate safely, reliably, predictably and profitably. This involves taking a lead role in understanding and evaluating plant performance, working closely with Operations and Maintenance to establish work priorities, and following through with proactive design and execution of engineering work packages, engineering analysis and project deliverables. Engineers are assigned to one of the operating Area Business Units within the Refinery to provide ownership and support.Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide engineering support for refinery processing equipment and systems including piping, pressure vessels, heat exchangers, rotating equipment, and fired heaters. Interpret and apply industry and company technical codes and standards including API, ASME, ASTM, NBIC.
- Provide engineering support for routine daily operation of process units within the refinery. Support requires collaboration and interpersonal skills necessary to partner with Operations, Maintenance and Technical functions within the global refining system.
- Provide active field support working with Operations and other technical teams to scope mechanical repairs and troubleshoot issues in process plants. Solutions often include the development and selection of alternatives considering reliability, total cost of ownership, operability and HSE impacts. Support implementation of solutions through Routine Maintenance, Turnaround execution and project construction and startup.
- Develop and manage Engineering Work Orders for projects ranging from repairing a valve to replacing large complex equipment such as pressure vessels and furnaces.
- Develop purchase specifications for engineered mechanical equipment that ensures the equipment meets company and industry standards and manage the technical fabrication and inspection requirements for procuring equipment.
- Lead and/or support the planning and execution of unit downtimes/turnarounds, both planned and unplanned.
- Provide guidance for technical inquiries, issue technical recommendations, provide equipment and system troubleshooting, improve Designs Engineering tools and support the development and improvement of Designs Engineering work processes.
- Perform and support various technical studies to improve plant safety, reliability, throughput and economics.
- Provide engineering analysis, consultation and project management for small capital projects.
- Be a role model for the Chevron Way and Chevron’s safety culture.
- Greater than 2 years of oil & gas complex process facilities experience (refining, chemical plant, LNG, etc).
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Chemical or Civil Engineering.
- Understanding refinery processes and equipment and the interaction between refinery units is preferred.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions
- The compensation and reference to benefits for this role is listed on this posting in compliance with applicable law. Please note that the compensation and benefits listed below are only applicable for U.S. payroll offers.
- The anticipated salary range for this position is $112,200 – $221,900. The selected candidate’s compensation will be determined based on their skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Chevron offers competitive compensation and benefits programs which includes, but is not limited to, variable pay, health care coverage, retirement plan, protection coverage, time off and leave programs, training and development opportunities and a range of allowances connected to specific work situations. Details are available at http://hr2.chevron.com/.
This position is located at Chevron's Richmond Refinery, in the San Francisco Bay Area. Richmond Refinery has literally fueled Northern California for over 110 years. Many folks living in the Bay Area remark on the natural beauty of the surrounding areas, temperate year-round weather, and fabulous weekend trips. The Bay Area is home to some of California's greatest attractions. There are world class cultural centers (San Francisco, Los Angeles), scenic beaches (Monterrey, Santa Cruz, Marin), world renown epicurean centers (San Francisco, Napa, Berkeley), more than a million acres of protected land (National Parks: Yosemite, Point Reyes; State Parks and Regional Parks) and hiking and skiing in California's Sierra Nevada mountains only a few hours away. Richmond is also in proximity of two international Airports, providing options for longer distant travel. The surrounding areas of can provide a living arrangement for those who desire to live in a lively city environment or for those who prefer a small-town feel. The average temperature all year is in the mid-70’s with little to no humidity and limited rainfall in the winter months.
Designs engineers work a 9/80 schedule receiving every other Friday off. Additionally, engineers have the option to participate in a hybrid working schedule, working 3 days a week in the office and 2 days remotely.
A Relocation Adjustment Allowance (RAA) in the form of a temporary compensation increase may be included as part of standard benefits if you are relocating from a lower cost of living area.Regulatory Disclosure For US Positions
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, reproductive health decision-making, military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.