At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we canwork together.
ExxonMobil in Singapore
ExxonMobil is one of Singapore’s largest foreign manufacturing investors with over S$25 billion in fixed asset investments.
We have manufacturing facilities that include an integrated world-scale refining and petrochemical complex in Jurong and Jurong Island, a network of service stations under the Esso brand, operate a lubricant plant and are a supplier of cylinder cooking gas. ExxonMobil provides customers and commercial markets in the region with ground transportation, industrial, aviation and marine fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
As Singapore serves as the AP hub for some of our businesses, we employ about 3,500 people across positions in operations, projects, commercial, corporate support functions and others.
ExxonMobil also contributes to community programs in Singapore that support the arts, education, health and the environment.
For more information, visit www.exxonmobil.com.sg or follow ExxonMobil Singapore on LinkedIn and Instagram.
What you will do
- Be the local site expert for Aromatics in Singapore
- Provides consulting on Aromatics operations
- Participates in the local unit operations team.
- Proactively identifies issues prior to operations impact
- Leads troubleshooting efforts for complex unit problems and organize resolution of technical issues
- Leads and/or participates in incident investigations
- Interface with external organizations (Engineering, Technology)
- Provides technical reviews of special unit ops / events, unit operating changes/projects, process operating envelopes, equipment strategies, etc.
- Identifies unit improvement ideas to meet site initiatives (energy, reliability, costs, etc.)
- Provides technical review of process safety studies for the local site such as HAZOPs, SRR (Safety Relief Review), LOPAs (Layers of Protection Analysis)
- Provides consulting on process safety
- Provides training and mentorship to other engineers; Develop expertise for long- term continuity of "Product" coverage for the ExxonMobil Chemical Company business
- Supports process network and associated "knowledge base sites". May serve as "knowledge content owner" who supports technology via partnerships and developmental projects with key equipment suppliers, raw material suppliers, technology and core engineers
Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor Degree or Masters in Chemical / Petrochemical Engineering
- Minimum seven (7) years industrial experience inclusive of at least three (3) years experience in Aromatics BTX (Benzene, Toluene, Xylenes) unit operations
- Excellent interpersonal, multi-cultural and communication skills
- Capable of leading teams or working independently to achieve high standards
- Mentor/Role Model for setting work standards and business ethics
- Initiates, supports and champions technically advanced solutions/developments in the process area
- Leadership skills to influence local operations team
- Maintain key interfaces (e.g. ExxonMobil Chemical Company networks, key vendors and suppliers, etc.)
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last and we provide job rotations throughout your career with us. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
Currently our employees benefits include: Long Term Savings Allowance, dental reimbursement, annual health checkups and Home Ownership Assistance Plan amongst others and these are updated from time to time.
Stay connected with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity in conformance with all applicable laws and regulations to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements. The Company administers its personnel policies, programs, and practices in a non-discriminatory manner in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, work assignment, promotion, transfer, termination, wage and salary administration, and selection for training.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.