Purpose & Accountabilities
- Be part of a team of engineers who design, develop, configure, test, deploy, and support advanced rule-based algorithms or machine learning models for proactive monitoring of instruments.
- Perform 1st level of Proactive Technical Monitoring (PTM) by filtering valid alerts from the system and provide recommendations/actions to asset engineers to mitigate the same
- Support team for troubleshooting and solving instrument /rotating equipment issues
- Share and promote lessons learned opportunities that enhances Monitoring for value
- Provide frontline training that increases asset independence, capability, and knowhow
- Support developing technical specifications
- Manage various stakeholder’s expectation with respect to the deliverables in PTM.
- This role is expected to be a part of Predictive Maintenance team to support Shell’s Upstream, Downstream and Integrated Gas in improving reliability by preventing unscheduled deferment through Proactive Technical Monitoring.
- Support assets in achieving their KPIs through monitoring – help in improving process efficiency, reliability, health of equipment and over all process
Skills & Requirements
- University Degree in Instrument Engineering
- Minimum 5+ years of overall working experience in operation/maintenance in Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals Industry
- Experience and knowledge in Instruments, control valves and rotating machines monitoring.
- Knowledge of instrument asset management system etc., shall be an added advantage.
- Strong aptitude for Learner Mindset
- Flexibility to move quickly across changing priorities and manage multiple Projects/Program
- Ability to independently, resourcefully, and creatively research and implement new solutions
- A good understanding of the Upstream/DS/IG business and how it works.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside Shell and within different cultural settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
- Ability to drive Continuous Improvement initiatives.