At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we canwork together.
What you will do
- Support the safe, efficient and on time start-up of ExxonMobil Huizhou Chemical Complex, meeting project objectives and strategies
- Learn and ensure technology Tier 1 BPs are incorporated into project design
- Develop equipment inspection plan to meet design specification. Participate field verification during construction phase.
- Develop start-up plan, technical prove-out plan and Integrated Operation Envelope
- Initial fill feedstock / chemicals inventory calculation for commissioning and start-up. Support catalyst loading.
- Provide mentorship for junior contact engineers and help the process team training.
- Develop process monitoring structure, work process, Critical Parameter List (CPL) and Equipment Reliability Operating Envelope (EROE)
- Support or participate various systems setup, e.g. Operation Integration Management System
- Support various stewardships, including material, mass and energy balance.
- Monitor plant reliability and provide suggestions and improvement for Manufacturing Excellence Index(MEI) targets
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting of complex performance and reliability issues.
- Provide oversight and technical inputs on all related project development
- Monitor plant performance online on day to day basis
- Participate in development and/or provide independent cold eye review for Equipment Strategy, Energy workshops, Annual Maintenance Plan, Turnaround reviews
- Lead/participate in safety initiatives including risk assessments and HAZOP reviews
- Support on-going reliability improvements and equipment strategy development
- Analyze complex technical issues, identify key drivers and propose strategy/recommendations to support decision-making/resolution of technical issues.
- Responsible for the development/execution of margin improvement ideas/projects
- Bachelor degree or above in chemical engineering / process or related major
- More than 5 years relevant experience process engineering design, technical support or process operation in the petrochemical and refinery industry.
- Experience in Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up of PE unit is an advantage.
- Experience in international projects, multi-national companies or joint ventures is an advantage.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience about process simulation tools. Good knowledge of industry standards and practices related to process design and safety
- Fluent in English.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.