The new SEAM organization integrates Safety, Environment & Asset Management activities, with a broad geographical footprint, that will support Shell’s business & assets around the world.
The vision of SEAM is to provide capability across the spectrum of Safety, Environment and Asset Management with:
- shaping the future ways of working through introducing to the business new technology and news way of working, including e.g. digital, SBO, and real-time, data-driven, end-to-end optimization and risk management, but also global programmes like Human Performance Based Safety Philosophy.
- providing performance feedback driving disciplined execution to deliver reliable, predictable results
- helping the businesses build their improvement plans and provide support to execute them
- sustaining performance through strong core capabilities (internal, including SBO & contingent) through building expertise and a company-wide consistent approach
The VP TAO will be accountable for maximizing integrated business value across the organization. Technical Asset Operations (TAO) is a key enabler for the accelerated delivery of Shell’s Asset Management System and will help us to reach our ultimate potential in Downstream Manufacturing, Integrated Gas and Upstream. TAO provides high quality and cost-competitive technical resources who are not physically present at site yet are an integral part of asset teams delivering value through end-to-end AMS work processes.
Falkor is a project that will set up Engineering capabilities within TAO with as purpose to deliver the engineering of site-led projects portfolio (typically small projects), thereby replacing the EPC contractor services.
Purpose & Accountabilities
- Support in development of the Process Engineering scope of work deliverables in the selected projects within the Falkor.
- Provide process engineering input on how the scope of change / project impacts the operation of the facility to ensure the design achieves the project premise.
- Proactively drive effective collaboration within the TAO project team, and the site-based project team
- Have a learner’s mindset and be open to further co-create the ways of working and project processes during the trial.
- Projects will be part of the Chemicals & Products organization
- Each pilot project team will be composed of several discipline engineers (i.e. electrical & instrumentation, process control, process engineering, civil, rotating equipment, mechanical static, materials & corrosion, inspection, construction, project management, data systems/visualization/drafters, etc.)
- Being able to effectively collaborate virtually, across timezones
- New work processes and Ways of Working, and a largely new team
Skills & Requirements
- Be well versed in virtual working, and using IT tools effectively to overcome the barriers due to cultural and physical distance.
- Excellent English communication (verbal and written)
- Preference for a candidate with work experience with countries in EU or Americas
- Relevant working experience in a project environment
- Preference for a candidate with experience working on/with downstream sites and/or working with an EPC
- Capability to develop the relevant project deliverables for various stages of a project (e.g. Project Premise Document, Basis for Design, Basic Design and Engineering Package, Equipment list, Equipment datasheets, Engineering drawings, etc.)
- Experience around process modelling / simulation using industry standard process simulation software (e.g., flowsheeting tools, PRO-II, HYSYS, Unisim, ChemPro, etc.) or Shell process models is preferred (e.g., SHARC, HYSTAR, COBRA, etc.) – to be able to generate required heat and material balances, etc.
- Knowledge of Engineering Design Standards and best practices
- Demonstrated experience / capability around work process execution and assurance
- The candidate has a proven ability to work as part of team and may need to support individually if needed.
- The candidate has a pro-active/speak-up mentality
- Due to work across timezones, flexibility in working hours will be required
- provide process engineering input on how the scope of change impacts the operation of the facility to ensure the design achieves the project premise
Required technical competences:
- At least 6 years of Process Engineering experience, with proven hands-on experience in design support with:
- Concept Development
- Energy, Utilities, Water
- Process Control and Real-Time Optimization
- Process design datasheet & Calculations
- Process Modelling and Analysis
- Process Unit Design