At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we canwork together.
ExxonMobil in Singapore
ExxonMobil is one of Singapore’s largest foreign manufacturing investors with over S$25 billion in fixed asset investments.
We have manufacturing facilities that include an integrated world-scale refining and petrochemical complex in Jurong and Jurong Island, a network of service stations under the Esso brand, operate a lubricant plant and are a supplier of cylinder cooking gas. ExxonMobil provides customers and commercial markets in the region with ground transportation, industrial, aviation and marine fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
As Singapore serves as the AP hub for some of our businesses, we employ about 3,500 people across positions in operations, projects, commercial, corporate support functions and others.
ExxonMobil also contributes to community programs in Singapore that support the arts, education, health and the environment.
For more information, visit www.exxonmobil.com.sg or follow us on Instagram @exxonmobilsg
What you will do
Support/assist the Lab supervisors/chemists by performing routine and non-routine laboratory analysis/wet chemistry on water/aromatics products and in-process samples, to support plant operations for the purpose of quality assurance/control. Perform calibration, maintenance & troubleshooting of test equipment. Prepare samples and ensure accurate data generation and records, in accordance with the standard operating procedures. Utilize analytical instruments to address quality assurance/control issues. Non-shift work schedule, Mon-Fri day-work basis.
- Contribute to the safe operation and quality of the Lab to meet the business / company goals
- Intervene when observing unsafe act and identify safety issues within the Lab and raise to the appropriate level
- Strengthen and sustain competency in Lab testing skill, as well as calibration, maintenance & troubleshooting skills
- Respond to site emergencies as needed
- Understands the requirements of and executes work in his/her assigned Post in accordance with the Lab quality, operating and safety standards & procedures and comply to various company quality standards as well as industry testing standards (e.g. ASTM/IP).
- Responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of others (Actively Caring) in assigned Post.
- Conduct field checks and intervention on peers and contractors working within Lab to ensure safe work practices are adhered to.
- Participates in safety meetings and periodically conducts field checks on work in respective areas and take action to rectify unsafe facilities, work conditions and acts
- Participates in incident investigations and proposes solutions and recommendations to prevent recurrence
- Participates in emergency drills and able to react confidently when business continuity plan (BCP) is activated
- Demonstrate strong ownership & accountability and ensure housekeeping standards are met in his/her assigned area
- Major work duties are:
- Conduct routine testing and certification of refinery environmental/water treatment samples & Aromatics streams per testing methods
- Conduct any adhoc / urgent tests as assigned by lab supervisors/chemists
- Perform Lab instrument’s SQC as per schedule
- Maintenance and calibration of instruments as per schedule
- Any unscheduled maintenance or calibration checks
- Returns all equipment used for maintenance to the appropriate place for safe keeping
- Assist maintenance service vendor in lab equipment maintenance work
- Reagent preparation and standardization / re-standardization
- Highlights any shortages of spare parts to supervisor and generates requisition order
- Generate requisition orders for items highlighted by Lab staff and follow-up on orders not delivered yet especially those urgently needed.
- Receiving and inspecting goods and rejecting those not conforming to specifications
- Monitoring inventory levels of SQC samples and highlighting to QAC (Quality Assurance Coordinator) on need for replenishment
- Maintaining/Housekeeping of the chemical and sample retention store rooms
- Maintaining/Housekeeping of equipment operating manuals
- Conducts training on equipment operation as necessary
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills and Qualifications
- Qualifications: minimum GCE “O” level, Polytechnic diploma preferred
- Team player, shows initiative, willingness to learn, responsible, adaptable, communicates effectively, good organization/planning skill
- Interest in lab equipment calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Work experience: none required, related relevant experience will be an advantage
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last and we provide job rotations throughout your career with us. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
Currently our employees benefits include: Long Term Savings Allowance, dental reimbursement, annual health checkups and Home Ownership Assistance Plan amongst others and these are updated from time to time.
Stay connected with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity in conformance with all applicable laws and regulations to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements. The Company administers its personnel policies, programs, and practices in a non-discriminatory manner in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, work assignment, promotion, transfer, termination, wage and salary administration, and selection for training.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.