Welcome to ConocoPhillips, where innovation and excellence create a platform for opportunity and growth. Come realize your full potential here.
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
ConocoPhillips’ Commercial business is responsible for marketing the company’s global production and engaging in third-party marketing and trading.
The Global Gas and Power (GG&P) Business Unit delivers a competitive advantage for ConocoPhillips through industry leadership, first-in-class customer service, and unmatched operational reliability. Within GG&P, the Gulf Region is responsible for improving realized margins for ConocoPhillips’ growing equity portfolio and managing a sizeable third-party marketing and trading business.
The Gulf/South Texas Trader is the primary external interface to key market participants within the Gulf Region’s area of responsibility, including suppliers, end users, marketers, and pipelines. The preferred candidate should be familiar with Gulf/South Texas marketing, trading, and transportation. This role is critical to the success of the Commercial team, requiring the capability to generate value through evaluating, recommending, and executing disciplined marketing and trading strategies.
- Providing a reliable market for ConocoPhillips’ growing natural gas production
- Identifying opportunities and executing disciplined marketing and trading strategies
- Assisting in the development of long-term commercial marketing strategies
- Maintaining and growing strategic customer relationships
- Optimization of company owned and third-party transportation and storage assets
- Ensuring trades and corresponding confirmations accurately reflect the agreed upon commercial terms
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Math, Science, or another related or foreign equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in gas trading or related activity
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodations) to work bid week and some weekends and holidays
- Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodations) to address business needs after hours
- 5+ years of South Texas/Gulf trading experience
- Advanced knowledge of North America and South Texas/Gulf supply and demand fundamentals
- Advanced knowledge of understanding risk management concepts and tools
- Advanced knowledge of the South Texas/Gulf pipeline grid and interconnecting regions
- Advanced knowledge of risk management concepts and tools
- Intermediate proficiency in MS O365 applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, and Teams
- Recognized industry leadership
- Ability to build relationships and provide outstanding customer service to internal and external stakeholders
- History of delivering on commitments
- Detailed understanding of natural gas contracts
- Capable of anticipating problems, making decisions, and executing plans
- Providing quality deliverables (e.g., internal reporting and external presentations)
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, dynamic trade floor environment
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Listens actively and invites dialogue to gain a shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve business results.
- Initiative to work without constant supervision.
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
ConocoPhillips’ sponsorship for employment authorization in the U.S. is NOT available for this position.
In the US, ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.