- World’s largest independent upstream oil and gas business
- SPIRIT values - Safety People Integrity Responsibility Innovation Teamwork
- Operations in 13 countries
ConocoPhillips is a leading oil and gas company, which is hiring a Network Analyst/Engineer for contract positions. The Network Analyst/Engineer is responsible for the support of Field Network Infrastructure and Well Communications.
- Support of Field Network Infrastructure and Well Communications
- Understand basic Oil & Gas operations
- Maintain and build on Business Unit relationships by acting as IT liaison with Operations
- Accommodate new SCADA implementation at the production facilities by providing connectivity for process control and data gathering.
- Develop IT training and knowledge articles for BU operations to leverage for TCOM related issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex network issues by navigating through peer-to-peer communication on the field network using packet captures.
- Familiar with cable and RF test equipment such spectrum analyzers
- Communicate planned changes to the field network accurately and effectively and understand how those changes impact Oil & Gas operations.
- Issue and maintain IP Address/DNS for all network connected devices for new facility builds.
- Coordinate and supervise capital projects in the Business Unit in accordance with L48 and BU safety policies and guidelines.
- Monitor and provide metrics of network performance to BU Operations and IT leadership.
- Oversee emergency power generators, site cleanliness, and site security for all tower locations
- Manage Process Control Networks (PCN) that communicate via IT infrastructure that will stop Oil & Gas production if connections are lost.
- Provide second level field support for various wireless technologies:
- Point-to-point and point-to-multipoint microwave technologies, both licensed and unlicensed
- 802.11 Wi-Fi
- Land mobile radio systems (LMR)
- SCADA RTU’s and PLC’s
- SCADA Data Collectors
- CCNP, CCNA or equivalent certification in Routing and Switching
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Admin/Mgmt, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, other related business field, other related technical field, or foreign equivalent
- 5+ Years’ experience supporting enterprise networking
- 5+ years’ experience with various wireless technologies including point to multi point, point to point, mesh, and 802.11 wi-fi.
- 5+ years’ experience with Ethernet switching and routing
- 5+ years’ experience with Cisco IOS command line
- 5+ years’ experience troubleshooting utilizing the OSI model
- 3+ years’ experience with SNMP based monitoring software
- 3+ years’ experience with DNS, DHCP, packet capture software, and IP address/Subnetting
- Experience with serial communications including RS232 and RS485
- Willingness to travel overnight to other COP locations
- Experience with Aviat, Cambium, ABB Tropos, Motorola UHF radio systems manufacturers
- Link-profiling and RF propagation software experience
- Experience in microwave (licensed and un-licensed), MAS-SCADA, Private LTE, LoRaWan, IOT, Land Mobile, tower structures, and FCC and FAA regulations for the aforementioned
- Familiarity with existing and emerging cellular technologies
- Experience with microwave link design, planning, and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of parts 90 and 101 of CFR47 (FCC regulations)
- Knowledge and experience with DC/AC power solutions and sizing; 12vdc, 24vdc, 48vdc, 120vac, 240vac
- Report writing experience
- SCADA systems
- Team player able to work collaboratively in an environment of mixed disciplines including field operations, I&E, contractors, and corporate engineering groups to provide reliable communications to the business
ConocoPhillips contract opportunities are for project-based or other short-term engagements that require specialized skills. Successful candidates for contract opportunities will not be considered employees of ConocoPhillips or any of its subsidiaries nor will candidates be eligible for employment benefits. Candidates looking for regular full-time employment opportunities should begin their search here: https://careers.conocophillips.com/