NOV Fluid Motion Solutions is looking for a day shift Assembler at our Houston, Tx facility. The position requires light assembly of component and use of various hydrostatic and performance testing equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates equipment such as hydro test bench, performance benches, VFD, and several hand-tools.
- Performs minor assembly as needed
- Use hand tools and equipment, sometimes with repetitive movements, to produce components in batches of 1 to 100.
- Fits, aligns, and adjust assemblies to specifications per working drawings.
- Uses special jigs, fixtures, and testing devices during the assembly operation as required to successfully complete assigned tasks.
- Uses basic hand tools to bolt together flanges and other tooling needed for tests
- Operates forklifts and cranes to move components and/or sub-assemblies.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Good knowledge and application of basic shop math.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift and crane certification.
- Strong communication skills with Supervisor and other Operators. Able to work well in a team environment as well as self-directed when working independently.
- Must have a practical knowledge of hand tools.
- Must be capable of reading blueprints, basic programs, and sketches.
- Must be familiar with and be able to use precision measuring equipment. Able to stand for entire shift, lift to 20 lbs. frequently, and use both hands for repetitive movements.
Competitive Benefits (visit usbenefits.nov.com for more information about our benefits offerings)
- 401K – NOV matches every dollar up to 5% of base pay and overtime for every dollar you invest
- Competitive medical plans that covers your entire family (yourself, eligible spouse, and eligible children) as of your first date of hire for as little as $131 per pay period (bi-weekly)
- FREE preventative medical and dental care for the entire family (when enrolled in an NOV medical/dental plan and seeing an in-network physician)
- FREE Basic Life and AD&D insurance (for full-time employees)
- All regular full-time employees start with 3 weeks of paid vacation per year (prorated based on start date)
- All regular full-time employees receive 40 hours of paid sick leave per year (prorated based on start date)
- All regular full-time employees receive 11 paid holidays per year