At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimize our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs. Learn more about our What and our Why and how we canwork together.
ExxonMobil in Singapore
ExxonMobil is one of Singapore’s largest foreign manufacturing investors with over S$25 billion in fixed asset investments.
We have manufacturing facilities that include an integrated world-scale refining and petrochemical complex in Jurong and Jurong Island, a network of service stations under the Esso brand, operate a lubricant plant and are a supplier of cylinder cooking gas. ExxonMobil provides customers and commercial markets in the region with ground transportation, industrial, aviation and marine fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
As Singapore serves as the AP hub for some of our businesses, we employ about 3,500 people across positions in operations, projects, commercial, corporate support functions and others.
ExxonMobil also contributes to community programs in Singapore that support the arts, education, health and the environment.
For more information, visit www.exxonmobil.com.sg or follow ExxonMobil Singapore on LinkedIn and Instagram.
ExxonMobil Singapore is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to advance and execute its Global Trading strategies by providing quantitative research and analysis to the Global Trading Quantitative Analytics Group.
What you will do
- General: Work day-to-day with traders, analysts, origination and business-development teams across global business lines to support trading, commercial, and project activities and studies
- Risk Management: Develop, validate, and maintain risk management models and systems (e.g., Value-at-Risk, Stress Test, Credit Risk and other best practices).
- Quantitative Analysis: Conduct quantitative analysis of structured deals to support market-based asset valuations and design hedging strategies.
- Trading Strategies: Leverage understanding of market fundamentals, dynamics and instruments available to develop and recommend profitable trading / hedging strategies.
- Energy Trading Research: Track industrial and academic cutting edge methodology and solutions in the energy trading and risk management domain; deliver empirical and theoretical research on energy markets.
Skills and Qualifications
Candidates should have a track record of maximizing value for their businesses, delivering business results, and demonstrating behaviors that are aligned with ExxonMobil’s values and culture. Candidates should be self-motivated and excel at achieving business results through collaborating as part of a multi-disciplined team. Demonstrated teamwork, communication and leadership skills are essential. Candidates should be able to distill complex analysis into simple terms. Ideal candidate should be flexible with regard to domestic and international travel with a willingness to consider future assignments outside of the United States.
Skill Requirements are as follows:
- Master in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Engineering and other STEM majors. Ph.D. is preferred.
- 5-10 years working experience in energy trading, investment banks or buy-side firms.
- Knowledge of global or domestic energy and carbon markets, including fundamentals, origination and deal structuring, trading strategies and related risk management standards and best practices.
- Deep understanding of econometrics and option theory, particularly stochastic calculus and option Greeks. Familiar with Monte Carlo simulation and dynamic programming.
- Strong proficiency in Python, including relevant packages (e.g., Pandas, Stats Models, Scikit-learn). Experience in software development lifecycle and object-oriented programming (e.g., C++, Java) is helpful.
An ExxonMobil career is one designed to last and we provide job rotations throughout your career with us. Our commitment to you runs deep: our employees grow personally and professionally, with benefits built on our core categories of health, security, finance, and life.
Currently our employees benefits include: Long Term Savings Allowance, dental reimbursement, annual health checkups and Home Ownership Assistance Plan amongst others and these are updated from time to time.
Stay connected with us:
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity in conformance with all applicable laws and regulations to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements. The Company administers its personnel policies, programs, and practices in a non-discriminatory manner in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, work assignment, promotion, transfer, termination, wage and salary administration, and selection for training.
Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and you can find out more about our hiring process here.
We thank you for your interest in ExxonMobil.
Nothing herein is intended to override the corporate separateness of local entities. Working relationships discussed herein do not necessarily represent a reporting connection, but may reflect a functional guidance, stewardship, or service relationship.
Exxon Mobil Corporation has numerous affiliates, many with names that include ExxonMobil, Exxon, Esso and Mobil. For convenience and simplicity, those terms and terms like corporation, company, our, we and its are sometimes used as abbreviated references to specific affiliates or affiliate groups. Abbreviated references describing global or regional operational organizations and global or regional business lines are also sometimes used for convenience and simplicity. Similarly, ExxonMobil has business relationships with thousands of customers, suppliers, governments, and others. For convenience and simplicity, words like venture, joint venture, partnership, co-venturer, and partner are used to indicate business relationships involving common activities and interests, and those words may not indicate precise legal relationships.